- Leo Messi writes tribute for ex Arsenal & Barcelona forward Thierry Henry on Facebook
- Brendan Rodgers praises Raheem Sterling & says Liverpool don’t have world class forwards [Video]
- Tottenham fans sing about Wembley after beating Newcastle 4-0 in QF [Video]
- Southampton preparing January move for Dutch Galatasaray star Wesley Sneijder [Mirror]
- Roy Keane confronted ex-Man United man Tom Cleverley over Aston Villa bust-up exit rumours [Sun]
Former Arsenal target Higuain has a rocky start at Napoli, gets 10 stitches in his face [Pictures]
Arsenal fans may think this was Gonzalo Higuain’s comeuppance for turning down a move to the Emirates earlier in the summer.
Higuain, who joined Rafa Benitez’s Napoli for £34.5m from Real Madrid this summer after being pursued by Arsene Wenger, has suffered a setback to life in Italy after the Argentine experienced a freak accident over the weekend.
Higuain was relaxing on the island of Capri in the Gulf of Naples when he slipped on rocks and injured his jaw.
The striker has since had 10 stitches put in his face in order to close up a gash, and pictures has now been released showing the extent of the attacker’s injuries.
Higuain made his Serie A debut for Napoli in Sunday’s 3-0 win over Bologna.
Pictures of Higuain’s busted up face can be seen below.
- Updated: August 27, 2013