Former Arsenal striker Carlos Vela scored four goals as Real Sociedad beat Celta Vigo 4-3 [Video]
- November 23, 2013
Former Arsenal striker Carlos Vela has a sensational Saturday for Real Sociedad.
Sociedad broke into the top six in La Liga after coming out on top in a seven goal thriller with struggling Celta Viga, and it was their Mexican international forward who grabbed all the plaudits.
Somewhat surprisingly, not one of Vela’s goals were chips. Instead, the ex-Arsenal attacker repeatedly showed killer predatory instincts in the Celta box to score his goals from close range.
Vela opened the scoring for the hosts after six minutes with a low left-footed drive into the near post, but Vigo then took control with three goals by the 57th minute.
Vela reduced the deficit with a header from close range and the Mexican forward levelled the scores with 12 minutes remaining with a powerful finish after a cushioned header by Markel Bergara.
Vela was still not finished though, and in the 81st minute the former Arsenal man latched onto Antoine Griezmann’s through ball before slotting the ball beyond Yoel to give Sociedad all three points.
According to the rumour mill, Arsenal inserted £4m buy-back clause in Carlos Vela contract and, if they wanted, the Gunners could resign the Mexican in January.
Watch Carlos Vela’s amazing four-goal haul for Real Sociedad versus Celta Vigo below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]