- Keep it classy! A female Chelsea fan got swept up in swearing after the win v Man United [Video]
- James Rodriguez scored a golazo after some sublime Real Madrid build-up v Malaga [Videos]
- Arsene Wenger on Arsenal 2 – Reading 1: They surprised us [video]
- Louis van Gaal gave a seriously feisty post-match interview after Chelsea 1 – Man United 0 [video]
- Gunnerblog celebrates Arsenal’s “poor” win v Reading to get into the FA Cup final [Video]
Former Arsenal striker Carlos Vela scored four goals as Real Sociedad beat Celta Vigo 4-3 [Video]
- November 23, 2013
Former Arsenal striker Carlos Vela has a sensational Saturday for Real Sociedad.
Sociedad broke into the top six in La Liga after coming out on top in a seven goal thriller with struggling Celta Viga, and it was their Mexican international forward who grabbed all the plaudits.
Somewhat surprisingly, not one of Vela’s goals were chips. Instead, the ex-Arsenal attacker repeatedly showed killer predatory instincts in the Celta box to score his goals from close range.
Vela opened the scoring for the hosts after six minutes with a low left-footed drive into the near post, but Vigo then took control with three goals by the 57th minute.
Vela reduced the deficit with a header from close range and the Mexican forward levelled the scores with 12 minutes remaining with a powerful finish after a cushioned header by Markel Bergara.
Vela was still not finished though, and in the 81st minute the former Arsenal man latched onto Antoine Griezmann’s through ball before slotting the ball beyond Yoel to give Sociedad all three points.
According to the rumour mill, Arsenal inserted £4m buy-back clause in Carlos Vela contract and, if they wanted, the Gunners could resign the Mexican in January.
Watch Carlos Vela’s amazing four-goal haul for Real Sociedad versus Celta Vigo below.