Forget Strootman! Man United to challenge Chelsea for Marco van Ginkel [Star & Express]
- June 15, 2013
Two Sunday papers in the UK claim Manchester United have turned their attentions to Holland Under-21 midfielder Marco van Ginkel.
Both the Sunday Express and the Star Sunday claim David Moyes wants to bring the Vitesse Arnhem midfielder to Old Trafford in his first summer as Manchester United boss.
Chelsea have been heavily linked with van Ginkel who has impressed in Israel at the Under-21 European Championships.
It is thought new Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has the advantage with the Blues understood to have a tie up with Vitesse for any young players.
Marco van Ginkel has refused to discuss his future at the Under-21 European Championships but speculation is likely to mount after Holland were knocked out by Italy 1-0 in Saturday night’s semi-final.
Manchester United scout Jim Lawlor has been watching Holland in Israel, but was previously thought to be watching PSV midfielder Kevin Strootman.
Video footage of Marco van Ginkel is on the video below, followed by the Star and Express back pages.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...