Forest’s Henri Lansbury (ex-Arsenal & West Ham) had a legal goal wrongly scratched off v Birmingham [Video]
- December 22, 2013
Nottingham Forest’s Henri Lansbury had a perfectly legal goal wrongly scratched off in a goalless draw at Birmingham in the Championship on Saturday.
Lansbury, who began his career at Arsenal while also having had a loan spell at West Ham, thought he had given the visitors the lead when he headed the ball out of Birmingham keeper Darren Randolph’s hand before he slotted it into the back of the net.
The goal looked perfect legal as keeper Randolph only had one hand on the ball when Lansbury picked his pocket, however referee Robert Madley immediately chalked the goal off in what appeared a terrible call.
Forst fans were immediately reminded of the famous goal when Gary Crosby robbed the ball out of the hands Man City keeper Andy Dibble to score the winner in Nottingham Forest’s 1-0 win over Manchester City way back in 1990.
Footage of Henri Lansbury’s goal that never was can be seen below, along with that classic Gary Crosby goal.
- Birmingham and Aston Villa fans have been in a banner war over the FA Cup final weekend...
- Birmingham captain Paul Caddis hilariously trips himself up during 1-0 win [Official Vi...
- Adult Bournemouth fan wears a full orange keeper kit v Birmingham, waves homemade red c...
- Bournemouth 4 – Birmingham 2: Cherries comeback sends them top [Official highlights]
- Man City’s Karen Bardsley and Birmingham’s Freda Ayisi have a punch-up in t...
- Birmingham upload last 5 minutes of Derby draw, includes amusing commentary [video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi