Forest’s Henri Lansbury (ex-Arsenal & West Ham) had a legal goal wrongly scratched off v Birmingham [Video]
Nottingham Forest’s Henri Lansbury had a perfectly legal goal wrongly scratched off in a goalless draw at Birmingham in the Championship on Saturday.
Lansbury, who began his career at Arsenal while also having had a loan spell at West Ham, thought he had given the visitors the lead when he headed the ball out of Birmingham keeper Darren Randolph’s hand before he slotted it into the back of the net.
The goal looked perfect legal as keeper Randolph only had one hand on the ball when Lansbury picked his pocket, however referee Robert Madley immediately chalked the goal off in what appeared a terrible call.
Forst fans were immediately reminded of the famous goal when Gary Crosby robbed the ball out of the hands Man City keeper Andy Dibble to score the winner in Nottingham Forest’s 1-0 win over Manchester City way back in 1990.
Footage of Henri Lansbury’s goal that never was can be seen below, along with that classic Gary Crosby goal.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal youngster Jon Toral wins three Birmingham City awards after loan spell (Videos)May 9th, 2016
- Birmingham fans troll Aston Villa’s relegation with a mock funeral (Video)April 25th, 2016
- Arsenal’s Jon Toral scored for Birmingham in a defeat at The Valley (Official Video)April 3rd, 2016
- Sunday Times: Arsenal, Chelsea & Leicester named in the doping scandalApril 2nd, 2016
- A mad stat involving Aston Villa & Nottingham ForestMay 2nd, 2016
- Nottingham Forest v Brighton: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-04-11April 5th, 2016
- Sheffield Wednesday froze Nottingham Forest out of the game for 90 long seconds (Video)March 14th, 2016
- Odion Ighalo bags late winner for Watford at Nottingham Forest (Official highlights)January 31st, 2016