Forest’s Henri Lansbury (ex-Arsenal & West Ham) had a legal goal wrongly scratched off v Birmingham [Video]
Nottingham Forest’s Henri Lansbury had a perfectly legal goal wrongly scratched off in a goalless draw at Birmingham in the Championship on Saturday.
Lansbury, who began his career at Arsenal while also having had a loan spell at West Ham, thought he had given the visitors the lead when he headed the ball out of Birmingham keeper Darren Randolph’s hand before he slotted it into the back of the net.
The goal looked perfect legal as keeper Randolph only had one hand on the ball when Lansbury picked his pocket, however referee Robert Madley immediately chalked the goal off in what appeared a terrible call.
Forst fans were immediately reminded of the famous goal when Gary Crosby robbed the ball out of the hands Man City keeper Andy Dibble to score the winner in Nottingham Forest’s 1-0 win over Manchester City way back in 1990.
Footage of Henri Lansbury’s goal that never was can be seen below, along with that classic Gary Crosby goal.
Watch Live Stream
- Birmingham v Wolves: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-08-20August 13, 2016
- Arsenal youngster Jon Toral wins three Birmingham City awards after loan spell (Videos)May 9, 2016
- Birmingham fans troll Aston Villa’s relegation with a mock funeral (Video)April 25, 2016
- Arsenal’s Jon Toral scored for Birmingham in a defeat at The Valley (Official Video)April 3, 2016
- Millwall’s Shaun Williams scores from the centre circle v Nottingham Forest (Video)August 25, 2016
- Brighton v Nottingham Forest: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-08-12August 8, 2016
- Nottingham Forest v Burton Albion: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-08-06July 30, 2016
- Man United legend Ryan Giggs is being considered for Nottingham Forest job [Mirror]June 20, 2016