Forest’s Henri Lansbury (ex-Arsenal & West Ham) had a legal goal wrongly scratched off v Birmingham [Video]
- December 22, 2013
Nottingham Forest’s Henri Lansbury had a perfectly legal goal wrongly scratched off in a goalless draw at Birmingham in the Championship on Saturday.
Lansbury, who began his career at Arsenal while also having had a loan spell at West Ham, thought he had given the visitors the lead when he headed the ball out of Birmingham keeper Darren Randolph’s hand before he slotted it into the back of the net.
The goal looked perfect legal as keeper Randolph only had one hand on the ball when Lansbury picked his pocket, however referee Robert Madley immediately chalked the goal off in what appeared a terrible call.
Forst fans were immediately reminded of the famous goal when Gary Crosby robbed the ball out of the hands Man City keeper Andy Dibble to score the winner in Nottingham Forest’s 1-0 win over Manchester City way back in 1990.
Footage of Henri Lansbury’s goal that never was can be seen below, along with that classic Gary Crosby goal.
- Save of the season contender? Tomasz Kuszczak (Birmingham) v Derby County (video)
- Birmingham v Derby: Watch a Live Stream
- Arsenal loanee Jon Toral scored a superb first time strike for Birmingham (Official Video)
- Arsenal’s Jon Toral scored on his debut for Birmingham in the Championship on Sat...
- Arsenal loanee Jon Toral scored a five minute hat-trick v Tottenham U21s (Official video)
- Birmingham 2 – Leicester 3: Robert Huth & Shinji Okazaki on target as Foxes ...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...