For second week running, Simon Mignolet makes super save to secure Liverpool win
- August 24, 2013
What a start to Simon Mignolet’s career at Anfield!
The 24-year-old Belgian custodian has made match winning saves in his first two Premier League matches for Liverpool and has already established himself as a fans favourite and one of the best keepers in the division.
On the opening day it was a late penalty save from Jon Walters that secured all three points versus Stoke, on Saturday it was international team mate Christian Benteke that saw his shot saved in the dying minutes to preserve the 1-0 win at Aston Villa.
It was far from a routine save. Benteke is the top Premier League goal scorer in 2013 and appeared to be smashing the ball on the volley into the opposite corner…
GIF and video below, via @MostarLFC.
- Bobby Adekanye confirms he has signed for Liverpool from Barcelona on Instagram
- The best reactions to the bogus rumour that Liverpool may sell Mario Balotelli to Stoke...
- Steven Gerrard is told he’s nicer than David Beckham as he’s hounded by pap...
- Fighting Fit: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge lays into a punchbag in workout [Video]
- Watch Nathaniel Clyne put on a Liverpool shirt for the very first time [Video]
- Nathaniel Clyne pens messages to Liverpool & Southampton fans on Twitter
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi