- Man United fan campaign succeeds after Liverpool remove Mario Balotelli from POTY poll
- The top ten goals from round 32 of La Liga, featuring Antoine Griezmann overhead [Video]
- The goal of the night award goes to Clarence Seedorf [Video]
- Saint Etienne All-Stars beat Ronaldo, Zidane and friends 9-7 in epic charity match [Highlights]
- Ronaldo sends crowd wild with no-look pass to fellow Real Madrid old boy Zidane [Video]
For second week running, Simon Mignolet makes super save to secure Liverpool win
- August 24, 2013
What a start to Simon Mignolet’s career at Anfield!
The 24-year-old Belgian custodian has made match winning saves in his first two Premier League matches for Liverpool and has already established himself as a fans favourite and one of the best keepers in the division.
On the opening day it was a late penalty save from Jon Walters that secured all three points versus Stoke, on Saturday it was international team mate Christian Benteke that saw his shot saved in the dying minutes to preserve the 1-0 win at Aston Villa.
It was far from a routine save. Benteke is the top Premier League goal scorer in 2013 and appeared to be smashing the ball on the volley into the opposite corner…
GIF and video below, via @MostarLFC.