For second week running, Simon Mignolet makes super save to secure Liverpool win
What a start to Simon Mignolet’s career at Anfield!
The 24-year-old Belgian custodian has made match winning saves in his first two Premier League matches for Liverpool and has already established himself as a fans favourite and one of the best keepers in the division.
On the opening day it was a late penalty save from Jon Walters that secured all three points versus Stoke, on Saturday it was international team mate Christian Benteke that saw his shot saved in the dying minutes to preserve the 1-0 win at Aston Villa.
It was far from a routine save. Benteke is the top Premier League goal scorer in 2013 and appeared to be smashing the ball on the volley into the opposite corner…
GIF and video below, via @MostarLFC.
Watch Live Stream
- Liverpool set for a Champions League return at BarcelonaDecember 5, 2016
- Layton Ndukwu scores from his own half for Leicester U23s v Liverpool (video)December 5, 2016
- Jamie Carragher reveals his MNF talking points on Antonio Conte, Liverpool & Man United (Video)December 5, 2016
- Rumours spread that Liverpool are about to sign a Dutch internationalDecember 5, 2016
- Darren Farley impersonates Jamie Carragher post-Bournemouth defeat (Video)December 4, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp admits that Simon Mignolet isn’t happy with his current situation (Video)October 24, 2016
- Liverpool benchwarmer Simon Mignolet jokes about his new role (Instagram Video)October 21, 2016
- Simon Mignolet posts hilarious Ivan Drago Instagram jokes after Liverpool winSeptember 10, 2016