For second week running, Simon Mignolet makes super save to secure Liverpool win
What a start to Simon Mignolet’s career at Anfield!
The 24-year-old Belgian custodian has made match winning saves in his first two Premier League matches for Liverpool and has already established himself as a fans favourite and one of the best keepers in the division.
On the opening day it was a late penalty save from Jon Walters that secured all three points versus Stoke, on Saturday it was international team mate Christian Benteke that saw his shot saved in the dying minutes to preserve the 1-0 win at Aston Villa.
It was far from a routine save. Benteke is the top Premier League goal scorer in 2013 and appeared to be smashing the ball on the volley into the opposite corner…
GIF and video below, via @MostarLFC.
Watch Live Stream
- Jurgen Klopp reacts to Mamadou Sakho’s SnapChat updates (Video)September 24, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool’s first half was one of the best v Hull (Video)September 24, 2016
- Liverpool considered as possible title contenders after win over Hull [Tweets]September 24, 2016
- Mamadou Sakho accuses Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp of lying in Snapchat postSeptember 24, 2016
- Simon Mignolet posts hilarious Ivan Drago Instagram jokes after Liverpool winSeptember 10, 2016
- Liverpool goalkeeper Simon Mignolet unfazed by transfer speculation (video)August 28, 2016
- New Liverpool GK Karius ruled out with broken hand, fans dread being stuck with Mignolet [Tweets]July 30, 2016
- Loris Karius says he intends to uproot Simon Mignolet as Liverpool number one (Video)May 25, 2016