For second week running, Simon Mignolet makes super save to secure Liverpool win
What a start to Simon Mignolet’s career at Anfield!
The 24-year-old Belgian custodian has made match winning saves in his first two Premier League matches for Liverpool and has already established himself as a fans favourite and one of the best keepers in the division.
On the opening day it was a late penalty save from Jon Walters that secured all three points versus Stoke, on Saturday it was international team mate Christian Benteke that saw his shot saved in the dying minutes to preserve the 1-0 win at Aston Villa.
It was far from a routine save. Benteke is the top Premier League goal scorer in 2013 and appeared to be smashing the ball on the volley into the opposite corner…
GIF and video below, via @MostarLFC.
- Kenny Dalglish tells Liverpool fans to ‘fasten their seatbelts’ for the Jur...
- The Twitter response to Jurgen Klopp’s appointment was record-breaking (Graphic)
- Jurgen Klopp arrives in Liverpool in Matze Knop’s wonderfully eccentric skit (Video)
- Arsene Wenger criticizes Liverpool for ‘irrational’ sacking of Brendan Rodgers
- Liverpool men Simon Mignolet & Adam Bogdan had an incredibly awkward moment [Video]
- Liverpool keeper Simon Mignolet tied the knot with Jasmine Claes [Pictures & Video]
- Liverpool’s Simon Mignolet talks about his turnaround in form pre-Aston Villa [Vi...
- Simon Mignolet says Belgian teammate Divock Origi is looking forward to Liverpool chall...