Guns & Blood: Tigre refuse to show for 2nd half leaving Sao Paulo to claim Copa Sudamericana on default
- December 13, 2012
Tragi-comic how often South America’s inter-continental tournaments require the aid of the riot police (without any involvement from the fans).
Tigre refused to show for the second half, alleging aggression by the Policia Militar and Sao Paolo security in the tunnel.
UPDATE: Tigre coach Nestor Gorosito has claimed armed security officers beat his players and pointed guns at them during halftime break.
During the break, a big guy came in with a gun. Some policeman started to hit some of my players. We tried to defend ourselves.
In support of the Tigre coach’s claims, a picture of what looks like a piece of plywood with blood on it from inside the Tigre dressing room is now doing the rounds. (See that picture below the fold.)
That left only one team to claim the trophy, meaning Sao Paulo (who were winning 2-0), were proclaimed Copa Sudamericana Champions!
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”276046″]
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...