Guns & Blood: Tigre refuse to show for 2nd half leaving Sao Paulo to claim Copa Sudamericana on default
- December 13, 2012
Tragi-comic how often South America’s inter-continental tournaments require the aid of the riot police (without any involvement from the fans).
Tigre refused to show for the second half, alleging aggression by the Policia Militar and Sao Paolo security in the tunnel.
UPDATE: Tigre coach Nestor Gorosito has claimed armed security officers beat his players and pointed guns at them during halftime break.
During the break, a big guy came in with a gun. Some policeman started to hit some of my players. We tried to defend ourselves.
In support of the Tigre coach’s claims, a picture of what looks like a piece of plywood with blood on it from inside the Tigre dressing room is now doing the rounds. (See that picture below the fold.)
That left only one team to claim the trophy, meaning Sao Paulo (who were winning 2-0), were proclaimed Copa Sudamericana Champions!
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”276046″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...