- Premier League clubs spent £115m on agent fees; Chelsea forking out £16.77m alone [Full List]
- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
- Jose Mourinho: Obviously Lionel Messi is not coming to Chelsea
- Exquisite! Meshal Theyab hits wonderful dipping volley in Kuwaiti Premier League game [Video]
- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
Guns & Blood: Tigre refuse to show for 2nd half leaving Sao Paulo to claim Copa Sudamericana on default
Tragi-comic how often South America’s inter-continental tournaments require the aid of the riot police (without any involvement from the fans).
Tigre refused to show for the second half, alleging aggression by the Policia Militar and Sao Paolo security in the tunnel.
UPDATE: Tigre coach Nestor Gorosito has claimed armed security officers beat his players and pointed guns at them during halftime break.
During the break, a big guy came in with a gun. Some policeman started to hit some of my players. We tried to defend ourselves.
In support of the Tigre coach’s claims, a picture of what looks like a piece of plywood with blood on it from inside the Tigre dressing room is now doing the rounds. (See that picture below the fold.)
That left only one team to claim the trophy, meaning Sao Paulo (who were winning 2-0), were proclaimed Copa Sudamericana Champions!
- Updated: December 13, 2012