Guns & Blood: Tigre refuse to show for 2nd half leaving Sao Paulo to claim Copa Sudamericana on default
- December 13, 2012
Tragi-comic how often South America’s inter-continental tournaments require the aid of the riot police (without any involvement from the fans).
Tigre refused to show for the second half, alleging aggression by the Policia Militar and Sao Paolo security in the tunnel.
UPDATE: Tigre coach Nestor Gorosito has claimed armed security officers beat his players and pointed guns at them during halftime break.
During the break, a big guy came in with a gun. Some policeman started to hit some of my players. We tried to defend ourselves.
In support of the Tigre coach’s claims, a picture of what looks like a piece of plywood with blood on it from inside the Tigre dressing room is now doing the rounds. (See that picture below the fold.)
That left only one team to claim the trophy, meaning Sao Paulo (who were winning 2-0), were proclaimed Copa Sudamericana Champions!
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”276046″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi