Football’s 1st Case of Reverse Xenophobia? Jose Mourinho doesn’t want any more Portuguese players, he’s ‘had enough of them’
- November 30, 2013
A curious moment came up during Jose Mourinho’s presser yesterday.
The Portuguese boss, whose patriotism has been a feature of his management ever since leaving Porto and expatriating fellow Portuguese from London to Madrid via Milan, has revealed he’s had a change of heart on that front.
Asked by a hack whether he was interested in Fabio Coentrão, who he had at Real Madrid, Mourinho was emphatic.
‘No. I don’t want any more Portuguese players.’
Oh. Why not?
‘Because. It was too much (referring to the amount of Portuguese players he tended to bring with him).
A pretty surprising revelation from the Portuguese coach, which may have been a thinly barbed dig at Cristiano Ronaldo, who was the source of much of the mutiny that engulfed La Casa Blanca last season.
Football’s first case of reverse xenophobia?
Watch Mourinho’s surprising revelation on his change of heart vis Portuguese players on the clip below.
[gthumb id=”380698″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho explains the rules of the transfer window to Everton (Video)
- Mourinho takes no extra satisfaction from his Wenger record, sees Arsenal as title cont...
- Jose Mourinho refuses to comment on Chelsea’s pursuit of John Stones (Video)
- After calling Rafa Benitez fat, a new picture surfaces of Chelsea’s Jose Mourinho...
- Rafa Benitez takes the moral high ground after Jose Mourinho’s diet jibe (Quotes)
- Chelsea’s Jose Mourinho snaps back at Rafa Benitez’s wife, tells her to tak...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi