- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
Football’s 1st Case of Reverse Xenophobia? Jose Mourinho doesn’t want any more Portuguese players, he’s ‘had enough of them’
- Updated: November 30, 2013
A curious moment came up during Jose Mourinho’s presser yesterday.
The Portuguese boss, whose patriotism has been a feature of his management ever since leaving Porto and expatriating fellow Portuguese from London to Madrid via Milan, has revealed he’s had a change of heart on that front.
Asked by a hack whether he was interested in Fabio Coentrão, who he had at Real Madrid, Mourinho was emphatic.
‘No. I don’t want any more Portuguese players.’
Oh. Why not?
‘Because. It was too much (referring to the amount of Portuguese players he tended to bring with him).
A pretty surprising revelation from the Portuguese coach, which may have been a thinly barbed dig at Cristiano Ronaldo, who was the source of much of the mutiny that engulfed La Casa Blanca last season.
Football’s first case of reverse xenophobia?
Watch Mourinho’s surprising revelation on his change of heart vis Portuguese players on the clip below.
[gthumb id="380698" size="large" autoplay="1"]