Football’s 1st Case of Reverse Xenophobia? Jose Mourinho doesn’t want any more Portuguese players, he’s ‘had enough of them’
- November 30, 2013
A curious moment came up during Jose Mourinho’s presser yesterday.
The Portuguese boss, whose patriotism has been a feature of his management ever since leaving Porto and expatriating fellow Portuguese from London to Madrid via Milan, has revealed he’s had a change of heart on that front.
Asked by a hack whether he was interested in Fabio Coentrão, who he had at Real Madrid, Mourinho was emphatic.
‘No. I don’t want any more Portuguese players.’
Oh. Why not?
‘Because. It was too much (referring to the amount of Portuguese players he tended to bring with him).
A pretty surprising revelation from the Portuguese coach, which may have been a thinly barbed dig at Cristiano Ronaldo, who was the source of much of the mutiny that engulfed La Casa Blanca last season.
Football’s first case of reverse xenophobia?
Watch Mourinho’s surprising revelation on his change of heart vis Portuguese players on the clip below.
[gthumb id=”380698″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Jose Mourinho: Crystal Palace were lucky & singles out 1 Chelsea player (video)
- Chelsea Stats: Jose Mourinho’s last 7 EPL defeats have come v managers with surna...
- Jose Mourinho hails Brazilian starlet Kenedy after Chelsea 1 – Crystal Palace 2 (...
- Mourinho blames one unnamed Chelsea player for playing ‘so bad’ after defea...
- Jose Mourinho confused by Chelsea’s 2 red cards in 3 games (Video)
- Jose Mourinho refuses to answer questions about Everton boss Roberto Martinez (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...