Following manager criticism, Celtic loanee Tony Watt came off the bench in the Lierse derby to score 2 superb goals
- December 27, 2013
Celtic youngster Tony Watt shot to fame with a memorable goal against Barcelona in 2012.
He has struggled since and has been having a tough time at Belgium, on loan at Lierse.
Last weekend he was criticised by his manager for his poor attitude and Watt has reportedly been sent home twice from training during his stay.
The manager, Stanley Menzo, said “It’s clear to me at present Tony does not know what he’s doing. I watch him training and look at his attitude intently.”
“Does Tony still have a future at this club? For me, all I think about is the game against Waasland-Beveren.”
“I don’t want all the attention being focused on Tony Watt not getting picked. He has many opportunities and we have talked to him. But at a certain point, it stops. You can’t keep talking to someone who doesn’t want to listen.”
On Boxing Day, Tony Watt was recalled to the squad for their six pointer match with fellow struggler’s and local rivals Mechlen.
Still goalless after 70 minutes, Menzo sent on his young troubled forward Tony Watt.
Watt bagged two brilliant goals, highlighting the young striker’s pace, strength, shooting and composure.
His celebration for his first goal emphasised his relief and Watt’s goals propelled his side to a late 3-0 win.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...