Flares & Ripped Seats: Old Firm rivalry reignited at Rangers v Celtic U17 Glasgow Cup final
- April 30, 2013
Old Firm rivalries were back on the menu in Scotland on Monday night during ferocious, passionate scenes at the U17 Glasgow Cup final.
Played at Firhill Stadium, over 12,000 supporters from Rangers and Celtic packed out the ground as Scotland’s classic enemies faced up in a match of teenagers.
The atmosphere was unbelievable.
Rangers supporters, who were positioned behind the goal, let off flares in the stands as the crowd wailed in songs supporting their team. The raucousness then took a turn for the worse as a lit flare was hurled onto an already littered pitch during the game.
More sour images were also caught of idiotic fans ripping up seats.
As to the scoreline, Rangers won the cup final 3-2.
Video footage of the Rangers fans throwing a flare onto the pitch can be seen below, along with series of excellent images from the U17 match.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...