- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
Flares & Ripped Seats: Old Firm rivalry reignited at Rangers v Celtic U17 Glasgow Cup final
Old Firm rivalries were back on the menu in Scotland on Monday night during ferocious, passionate scenes at the U17 Glasgow Cup final.
Played at Firhill Stadium, over 12,000 supporters from Rangers and Celtic packed out the ground as Scotland’s classic enemies faced up in a match of teenagers.
The atmosphere was unbelievable.
Rangers supporters, who were positioned behind the goal, let off flares in the stands as the crowd wailed in songs supporting their team. The raucousness then took a turn for the worse as a lit flare was hurled onto an already littered pitch during the game.
More sour images were also caught of idiotic fans ripping up seats.
As to the scoreline, Rangers won the cup final 3-2.
Video footage of the Rangers fans throwing a flare onto the pitch can be seen below, along with series of excellent images from the U17 match.
- Updated: April 30, 2013