- Fergie: ‘Man United’s Michael Carrick is best centre midfielder in the Premier League’ [Video]
- Carlos Tevez nutmegs the keeper, gives Juve the lead v Napoli [Video]
- Manchester City stars (Aguero, Nasri) play FIFA 15, Yaya Toure refuses to pick United! [Video]
- Roma want to take Arsenal’s Lukas Podolski on loan to cover for Gervinho’s AFCON absence [Gazzetta]
- Cristiano Ronaldo (60) outscored Messi (58) in 2014, but Barça man scored more from play than Madrid rival
Flares & Ripped Seats: Old Firm rivalry reignited at Rangers v Celtic U17 Glasgow Cup final
Old Firm rivalries were back on the menu in Scotland on Monday night during ferocious, passionate scenes at the U17 Glasgow Cup final.
Played at Firhill Stadium, over 12,000 supporters from Rangers and Celtic packed out the ground as Scotland’s classic enemies faced up in a match of teenagers.
The atmosphere was unbelievable.
Rangers supporters, who were positioned behind the goal, let off flares in the stands as the crowd wailed in songs supporting their team. The raucousness then took a turn for the worse as a lit flare was hurled onto an already littered pitch during the game.
More sour images were also caught of idiotic fans ripping up seats.
As to the scoreline, Rangers won the cup final 3-2.
Video footage of the Rangers fans throwing a flare onto the pitch can be seen below, along with series of excellent images from the U17 match.
- Updated: April 30, 2013