Flares & Ripped Seats: Old Firm rivalry reignited at Rangers v Celtic U17 Glasgow Cup final
- April 30, 2013
Old Firm rivalries were back on the menu in Scotland on Monday night during ferocious, passionate scenes at the U17 Glasgow Cup final.
Played at Firhill Stadium, over 12,000 supporters from Rangers and Celtic packed out the ground as Scotland’s classic enemies faced up in a match of teenagers.
The atmosphere was unbelievable.
Rangers supporters, who were positioned behind the goal, let off flares in the stands as the crowd wailed in songs supporting their team. The raucousness then took a turn for the worse as a lit flare was hurled onto an already littered pitch during the game.
More sour images were also caught of idiotic fans ripping up seats.
As to the scoreline, Rangers won the cup final 3-2.
Video footage of the Rangers fans throwing a flare onto the pitch can be seen below, along with series of excellent images from the U17 match.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi