Flamengo fan suffers fractured jaw in grim fight with Sao Paulo fans [video]
- August 20, 2013
Flamengo’s 0-0 draw with Sao Paulo on Sunday pretty much summed up the travails of both sides in the 2013 season.
Two enormous clubs in Brazil, Sao Paulo currently sit second bottom whilst Flamengo, the biggest supported club in South America, are 12th in Brazil’s Serie A.
So the biggest action came off the pitch as hooligans from both sides embarked on a pretty grim and crazy fight outside the Estádio Nacional de Brasília.
One Flamengo fan suffered a fractured jaw as well as chin injuries in what appeared to be a pretty wild and nasty scuffle.
Military police were on hand initially but only broke up the fight moments before kick off, when reinforcements were called.
There were also other minor injuries reported.
After a summer of violence during the Confederations Cup, incidents such as these look likely to be magnified with the World Cup to come next summer.
- Angry Flamengo player gives ref incredibly hard handshake after 1-0 defeat to Vasco [GIF]
- Assault: Flamengo’s Jonas kicked Vasco’s Gilberto in the head, ref only giv...
- Former Brazil striker Fred (Fluminense) sent off for diving versus Flamengo [GIF]
- Referee sends off 4 players in 2 seconds during Flamengo 2 – Vasco 1 [GIF & V...
- A water-logged pitch gets a comedy assist as Flamengo’s Alecsandro scores v Vasco...
- The ceiling falls in on Flamengo, literally. Thankfully there were no injuries [Picture]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi