Five reasons why Lionel Messi could leave Barcelona for PSG [Le Parisien]
- December 27, 2013
In the summer you would have said Lionel Messi leaving Barcelona would be impossible. Now it appears to be only unlikely.
This morning French newspaper Le Parisien wrote an article explaining five reasons why Leo Messi could sign for PSG.
1. His relationship with the club is not as close as it was. Messi has had tax issues in recent months and has also been involved in a rant against one of the Barcelona directors.
On top of that, wonderkid Brazilian Neymar was signed and could be seen as a replacement for the Argentinian superstar.
2. PSG can afford him. The French club are one of the only clubs in the world who could afford Messi’s transfer fee.
3. The PSG project is the most exciting project in Europe. PSG are clearly a club on the up and Messi’s arrival could signal the impending pinnacle of their success.
4. Zlatan Ibrahimovic does get along with Messi and they’d function well together in Paris. Despite Zlatan’s ego, he has claimed Messi is the best player in the world on a number of occasions.
5. The owner Nasser al-Khelaifi stated that he wants the best player in the world at his club. Upon his arrival he said “We want the new Messi. Waiting to find the easiest way is to take the real Messi.”
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...