- Keep it classy! A female Chelsea fan got swept up in swearing after the win v Man United [Video]
- James Rodriguez scored a golazo after some sublime Real Madrid build-up v Malaga [Videos]
- Arsene Wenger on Arsenal 2 – Reading 1: They surprised us [video]
- Louis van Gaal gave a seriously feisty post-match interview after Chelsea 1 – Man United 0 [video]
- Gunnerblog celebrates Arsenal’s “poor” win v Reading to get into the FA Cup final [Video]
Fighting talk! Brazil captain Thiago Silva hits back at criticism over referee controversy v Croatia
- June 13, 2014
Brazil captain Thiago Silva has hit back at critics in the aftermath of the controversy in their World Cup opening game against Croatia.
Brazil were awarded a soft penalty, could have had Neymar sent off and Croatia had a goal disallowed. But Silva was not in the mood to have his team’s victory belittled.
Here are some excerpts of an interview he gave, courtesy of Selecao Brasileira on Twitter: “Croatian coach saying it’s not a penalty? Then go tell him that if you remove the penalty, the score stays 2-1 for Brazil. With or without the penalty, Brazil would have won the game. I’m sure. I won’t reply to bitter people making excuses.”
He added: “Penalty or no? If the Croatians have a problem with it, it’s their problem, not mine. I’m concentrated on Mexico game. Instead of Croatia coach moaning on ref, he should check his tactical deficit. He was busy marking players, and left Neymar alone.”
For more Brazil quotes, go to Selecao Brasileira.