Fighting talk! Brazil captain Thiago Silva hits back at criticism over referee controversy v Croatia
- June 13, 2014
Brazil captain Thiago Silva has hit back at critics in the aftermath of the controversy in their World Cup opening game against Croatia.
Brazil were awarded a soft penalty, could have had Neymar sent off and Croatia had a goal disallowed. But Silva was not in the mood to have his team’s victory belittled.
Here are some excerpts of an interview he gave, courtesy of Selecao Brasileira on Twitter: “Croatian coach saying it’s not a penalty? Then go tell him that if you remove the penalty, the score stays 2-1 for Brazil. With or without the penalty, Brazil would have won the game. I’m sure. I won’t reply to bitter people making excuses.”
He added: “Penalty or no? If the Croatians have a problem with it, it’s their problem, not mine. I’m concentrated on Mexico game. Instead of Croatia coach moaning on ref, he should check his tactical deficit. He was busy marking players, and left Neymar alone.”
For more Brazil quotes, go to Selecao Brasileira.
- Classic Clip: Brazil legend Pele nutmegs one of the best defenders ever, Franz Beckenba...
- Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho produced a glorious sombrero during Brazil’s ...
- Brazil players blamed Thiago Silva on the pitch for handball before shoot-out [Video]
- Individual highlights: New Liverpool star Roberto Firmino v Paraguay [video]
- Paraguay stun Brazil, eliminating Dunga’s side on penalties [Official Highlights]
- New Liverpool signing Roberto Firmino struggles for Brazil v Paraguay [Best Tweets]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi