FIFA stop Barcelona from publicly unveiling Luis Suarez due to his biting ban
- July 13, 2014
The Press Association have announced on Sunday that FC Barcelona will not be allowed to publicly unveil Luis Suarez to their fans because of his biting ban.
In recent years Barcelona have made major events of revealing new signings to packed out crowds in the Camp Nou, however Suarez has been denied that fanfare because of his four month total football ban.
FIFA’s head of media Delia Fischer told PA Sport:
The ban relates to all football-related activity. He cannot be in a football-related public event irrespective of the venue. He cannot even be involved in a football-related charity event.
Many people are reacting to the news accusing FIFA of being ridiculous and heavy-handed.
- Barcelona could announce the signing of Chelsea target Arda Turan today [AS]
- See how Lionel Messi’s family were allegedly attacked by Chile fans at the Copa A...
- Man United refuse to sell David De Gea to Real Madrid, unless they sign Sergio Ramos in...
- Arsenal begin talks to sign Barcelona winger Pedro [Independent]
- Leo Messi rejected the Copa America Golden Ball award; Trophy withdrawn [Video]
- Three Barcelona players made the Copa America Team of the Tournament [Graphic]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi