- Michael Owen doubles down on his belief that Liverpool’s Sterling is better than Arsenal’s Ozil [Video]
- Man United & Liverpool’s hopes to sign Memphis Depay complicated as Pep Guardiola reveals his hand
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus now faces a criminal record for driving without a licence [Bild]
- A defender in Sweden headbutts the crossbar after conceding a goal [Videos]
- Juventus may pay £50m to sign Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling as they gear up to sell Paul Pogba [Sun]
FIFA stop Barcelona from publicly unveiling Luis Suarez due to his biting ban
- July 13, 2014
The Press Association have announced on Sunday that FC Barcelona will not be allowed to publicly unveil Luis Suarez to their fans because of his biting ban.
In recent years Barcelona have made major events of revealing new signings to packed out crowds in the Camp Nou, however Suarez has been denied that fanfare because of his four month total football ban.
FIFA’s head of media Delia Fischer told PA Sport:
The ban relates to all football-related activity. He cannot be in a football-related public event irrespective of the venue. He cannot even be involved in a football-related charity event.
Many people are reacting to the news accusing FIFA of being ridiculous and heavy-handed.