FIFA stop Barcelona from publicly unveiling Luis Suarez due to his biting ban
- July 13, 2014
The Press Association have announced on Sunday that FC Barcelona will not be allowed to publicly unveil Luis Suarez to their fans because of his biting ban.
In recent years Barcelona have made major events of revealing new signings to packed out crowds in the Camp Nou, however Suarez has been denied that fanfare because of his four month total football ban.
FIFA’s head of media Delia Fischer told PA Sport:
The ban relates to all football-related activity. He cannot be in a football-related public event irrespective of the venue. He cannot even be involved in a football-related charity event.
Many people are reacting to the news accusing FIFA of being ridiculous and heavy-handed.
- Barcelona recall Messi’s 5 goals against Leverkusen in 2011-12 Champions League (...
- Leo Messi really enjoyed beating Cristiano Roaldo to UEFA Player of the Year award [Ole]
- Leo Messi shares UEFA POY award with Luis Suarez on flight home to Barcelona
- Identical: Neymar’s doppelgänger Barry Cotter (16) signs for Irish club Limerick
- Barcelona’s Lionel Messi wins the Champions League 14-15 Goal of the Season award...
- Barcelona’s Marc-Andre ter Stegen won the CL 14-15 Save of the Season award (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...