FIFA don’t know what they’re doing! Our alternative Puskas Award 2013 list is much better!
- November 11, 2013
FIFA don’t know what they’re doing!
On an annual basis we question the validity of the Puskas Award and whether FIFA have picked the correct top 10 goals of the calendar year.
This year, however, it is clear that FIFA have really screwed up their top 10 list.
And to prove it we have turned round a far superior list within minutes of football’s world governing body releasing their Puskas Award nominees for 2013.
As ever, FIFA have ignored the Premier League – only two goals from England’s top flight have ever made a Puskas List.
This is a slight on Gareth Bale’s wonder effort at West Ham, Robin van Persie’s volley v Aston Villa and Jack Wilshere’s recent team goal for Arsenal v Norwich.
But, FIFA have also missed some real obvious ones. Raul Jimenez single handedly kept Mexico’s World Cup hopes alive with a ridiculous goal v Panama.
And, poor Zlatan Ibrahimovic has a stupendous goal overlooked every year…
And, our sympathies go out to Stephanie Roche!
Our alternative top 10 list is below.
Paul Pogba (Juventus) v Udinese
Gareth Bale (Spurs) v West Ham
Robin van Persie (Manchester United) v Aston Villa
Arjen Robben (Bayern Munich) v Borussia Dortmund
Morten Nordstrand (FC Nordsjælland) v FC Copenhagen
Mathias Gehrt (ADO Den Haag) v Vitesse
Raul Jimenez (Mexico) v Panama
Stephanie Roche (Peamount United) v Wexford Youths
Jack Wilshere (Arsenal) v Norwich
Zlatan Ibrahimovic (PSG) v Bastia
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...