- Napoli star Gokhan Inler scores 35 yard golazo & produces bizarre celebration [GIF]
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers “bitterly disappointed” in post match interview after Crystal Palace defeat [Video]
- Radamel Falcao confirms return to Man United training on Twitter
- Barcelona star Lionel Messi played Jordi Alba in with an incredible long range pass [Vine]
- Dejan Lovren before Palace defeat: “I want to be Liverpool captain one day” [Video]
FIFA don’t know what they’re doing: An alternative Puskas Award 2012 list
“Given that a number of votes have already been cast for this year’s award, the select committee for the Puskas Award may not, at this stage, include an additional nominee.” – FIFA statement on Thursday.
On an annual basis we question the validity of the Puskas Award and whether FIFA have picked the correct top 10 goals of the calendar year.
In 2012 it has turned into our easiest critique ever as a goal described by many as the “best ever” was scored by Zlatan Ibrahimovic just hours after the list was released.
The fact football’s world governing body were unable to include Zlatan’s fourth v England says everything about an organisation stuck in the dark ages.
Since FIFA announce their top 10 goals in mid-November with the announcement of the winner in January, traditionally any goals scored in the final two months of the year can never be included.
FIFA have said Zlatan’s long range overhead kick will be eligible for next year’s list which is simply absurd. And check how many goals in the 2012 Puskas Award list were scored in November/December 2011 (none.)
Here is our alternative list, watch and wonder how some of these beauties never made the final 10.
1. Thamsanqa Sangweni (Amazulu) v Witbank Spurs
2. Luis Suarez (Liverpool) v Norwich
3. Younes Belhanda (Montpellier) v Marseille
4. Papiss Cisse (Newcastle) v Chelsea
5. Jakub Blaszczykowski (Poland) v Russia
6. Fabrizio Miccoli (Palermo) v Chievo
8. Taison (Metalist) v Rosenborg
9. Ayanda Patosi (Lokeren) v Standard Liege
10. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Sweden) v England
- Updated: November 16, 2012