Feyenoord’s Stefan de Vrij to sign for Lazio for €8.5m, not Man United [De Telegraaf]
- July 28, 2014
The day after news broke that Manchester United have no interest in signing Feyenoord defender Stefan de Vrij, the leading sports story for Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf on Monday is that the 22-year-old is going to Lazio.
The De Vrij transfer will come as a blow to the English tabloid press, who were touting the centre-half for a possible move to Old Trafford for several weeks now, as recently as this weekend.
Belief that Louis van Gaal was targetting de Vrij was snuffed out on Sunday when local Dutch news agency RTV Rijnmond announced that Manchester United have “no interest” in moving for the Oranje international.
RTV Rijnmond’s update has now been rubber-stamped by De Telegraaf as they report de Vrij is moving to Lazio for €8.5 million.
De Vrij is set to have his medical in Rome in the next 48 hours ahead of signing a five year contract at Lazio.
Many United fans may be left wondering why the Red Devils are not moving for de Vrij, particularly as their squad seems short of centre-halves after the departures of Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand this summer.
Do United have another defender they are keeping their eyes on? We can only wait and see.
- PSV v Feyenoord: Watch a Live Stream
- Awesome: Ex Liverpool star Dirk Kuyt tells his kids he’s returning to Feyenoord (...
- Feyenoord defender celebrates like he scored a goal after making goalline clearance (Vi...
- Two photographers had a fight after Dirk Kuyt scored on his Feyenoord debut v Utrecht (...
- Feyenoord v FC Utrecht
- Southampton star Graziano Pelle gave a disabled Feyenoord fan his shirt (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...