Feyenoord’s Stefan de Vrij to sign for Lazio for €8.5m, not Man United [De Telegraaf]
- July 28, 2014
The day after news broke that Manchester United have no interest in signing Feyenoord defender Stefan de Vrij, the leading sports story for Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf on Monday is that the 22-year-old is going to Lazio.
The De Vrij transfer will come as a blow to the English tabloid press, who were touting the centre-half for a possible move to Old Trafford for several weeks now, as recently as this weekend.
Belief that Louis van Gaal was targetting de Vrij was snuffed out on Sunday when local Dutch news agency RTV Rijnmond announced that Manchester United have “no interest” in moving for the Oranje international.
RTV Rijnmond’s update has now been rubber-stamped by De Telegraaf as they report de Vrij is moving to Lazio for €8.5 million.
De Vrij is set to have his medical in Rome in the next 48 hours ahead of signing a five year contract at Lazio.
Many United fans may be left wondering why the Red Devils are not moving for de Vrij, particularly as their squad seems short of centre-halves after the departures of Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand this summer.
Do United have another defender they are keeping their eyes on? We can only wait and see.
- Giovanni van Bronckhorst set to become new Feyenoord boss
- Feyenoord’s Anass Achahbar scored two stunners in a 2-1 win v PSV [Videos]
- Feyenoord keeper Kenneth Vermeer made a miracle save to deny Dordrecht goalie Filip Kur...
- Roma’s EL hero Gervinho tweets on possible racist abuse from Feyenoord fans
- Man United’s Andreas Pereira has two top Dutch teams chasing his signature this s...
- Feyenoord fans arrested in Rome for attacking police & smashing windows [video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi