- The top ten players in Serie A this season [Copa 90 Video]
- Jose Mourinho: Bojan Krkic is the only player who almost killed me with a heart attack [Video]
- Barriga (Santiago Wanderers) should hang his head in shame after this horror own goal [Video]
- Lithuanian futsal player Ervins Krainis scores fantastic overhead kick [Video]
- Arsenal players get followed around by Christmas carolers singing football chants in brilliant BT advert
Feyenoord’s Ronald Koeman has contacted Swansea to become their manager, says his agent [BBC Wales]
Instead of the club chasing potential new recruits, Feyenoord manager Ronald Koeman has got in touch with Swansea City to enquire about becoming their manager in the summer.
Koeman, the Dutch legend whose shot to fame for Barcelona during his illustrious playing career, is currently in charge of Dutch outfit Feyenoord, however the boss will be out of a job at the end of the season when his contract at the club expires.
Looking to move into the Premier League, Koeman’s agent Guido Albers has now confirmed the BBC Wales that the Dutchman would like to take over the reigns at the Liberty Stadium. Albers told Radio Wales Sport:
If he gets the chance to be the new manager of Swansea then he’s willing to… One of his [Koeman] wishes is to work in the Premier League.
Swansea’s a fantastic club and a club with a lot of potential on the pitch. He’s able to get success for the club. If you see all those fantastic players at Swansea perhaps he can find a touch in which he can take Swansea to a higher level.
If [Swansea] are really interested [they should] come back to me. I can’t call them everyday. Since the time [Koeman] announced he is leaving Feyenoord already 25 agents have called me.
During his managerial career, Koeman won the Dutch league twice with Ajax and once with PSV, while he won cup both with Ajax and with Valencia in 2007-8.
For the record, Swansea are said to be content with current manager Gary Monk and all suggestions from the Welsh club are that they are not currently interested in Koeman’s availability.
- Updated: March 13, 2014