Feyenoord defender Stefan de Vrij wants to go to Manchester United for £10m [Mirror]
- July 19, 2014
The Mirror on Sunday are reporting that Holland centre-back Stefan de Vrij is on his way to Manchester United.
De Vrij is of course extremely well-known to Louis van Gaal having been in his World Cup squad in Brazil. De Vrij started all seven Dutch games, scoring one goal and recording a 81.6 % pass completion record.
The defender is currently being targetted by Lazio, having the Mirror claim that the Feyenoord man is determined to move to Old Trafford instead.
De Vrij, the Holland centre-back, is refusing to sign for Lazio because he believes he will soon be reunited with Van Gaal at the Old Trafford giants.
The Feyenoord star, 22, has been assured that the Dutch boss is ready to sanction a £10million bid.
United are in need of new cover at centre-back, having seen Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand both leave the club in the summer.
Were the deal to come off, United fans will be acquiring an excellent young defender who can immediately slot into the first team.
- Southampton star Graziano Pelle gave a disabled Feyenoord fan his shirt (Video)
- Graziano Pelle scores on Feyenoord return, Southampton win 3-0 at De Kuip (Official Hig...
- Jordy Clasie’s 1st interview after joining Southampton from Feyenoord [video]
- Jordy Clasie will sign for Southampton on Wednesday [De Telegraaf]
- Jordy Clasie to join Saints on Tuesday after Morgan Schneiderlin’s Man United mov...
- Off to Southampton? Jordy Clasie dropped in a friendly, dominos line up for Morgan Schn...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi