Fernando Torres scores ‘Half Panenka’ penalty almost a year since last goal and Spain appearance [Video]
- May 30, 2014
Fernando Torres quite comfortably made the Spain World Cup squad (of 30) according to boss Vicente Del Bosque, but that’s to forget that Torres had been left in the cold for almost a year from the Spain scene.
Torres’ last involvement with La Roja was at last summer’s Confederations Cup in June, scoring his last goal against Nigeria.
On his return tonight, Torres scored his 37th Spain goal with a cool-as-you-like penalty. (He did also have a shocking miss just a minute later but the less said about that the better.)
Some have referred to it as as a ‘Pirlo Panenka’, which is a bit generous; Torres does put it down the middle, but not quite with the dink chip that the Panenka requires.
It was more of a ‘low Neeskens’, to be more accurate. Or a ‘Half Panenka’?
- Didier Drogba speaks to Rio Ferdinand about two very different Champions League finals ...
- Leaked: Chelsea’s brand new home kit for the 15/16 season [Pictures]
- Chelsea legend Didier Drogba reveals his toughest ever opponents to Rio Ferdinand [Video]
- Barcelona could announce the signing of Chelsea target Arda Turan today [AS]
- Nathan becomes the latest Chelsea player to join Vitesse on loan [De Telegraaf]
- Drake scores a penalty past Chelsea legend Didier Drogba [Instagram video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi