Fernando Torres scores ‘Half Panenka’ penalty almost a year since last goal and Spain appearance [Video]
- May 30, 2014
Fernando Torres quite comfortably made the Spain World Cup squad (of 30) according to boss Vicente Del Bosque, but that’s to forget that Torres had been left in the cold for almost a year from the Spain scene.
Torres’ last involvement with La Roja was at last summer’s Confederations Cup in June, scoring his last goal against Nigeria.
On his return tonight, Torres scored his 37th Spain goal with a cool-as-you-like penalty. (He did also have a shocking miss just a minute later but the less said about that the better.)
Some have referred to it as as a ‘Pirlo Panenka’, which is a bit generous; Torres does put it down the middle, but not quite with the dink chip that the Panenka requires.
It was more of a ‘low Neeskens’, to be more accurate. Or a ‘Half Panenka’?
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...