Fernando Torres scores ‘Half Panenka’ penalty almost a year since last goal and Spain appearance [Video]
- May 30, 2014
Fernando Torres quite comfortably made the Spain World Cup squad (of 30) according to boss Vicente Del Bosque, but that’s to forget that Torres had been left in the cold for almost a year from the Spain scene.
Torres’ last involvement with La Roja was at last summer’s Confederations Cup in June, scoring his last goal against Nigeria.
On his return tonight, Torres scored his 37th Spain goal with a cool-as-you-like penalty. (He did also have a shocking miss just a minute later but the less said about that the better.)
Some have referred to it as as a ‘Pirlo Panenka’, which is a bit generous; Torres does put it down the middle, but not quite with the dink chip that the Panenka requires.
It was more of a ‘low Neeskens’, to be more accurate. Or a ‘Half Panenka’?
- Papy Djilobodji is currently undergoing a medical at Chelsea ahead of €3.5m move [20 Mi...
- Chelsea fans react to news of talks with Nantes for defender Papy Djilobodji [Di Marzio]
- Chelsea & Everton fans react to the claim John Stones ‘didn’t meanR...
- Man United fan snapped wearing a Pedro shirt after the Spaniard joined Chelsea (Picture)
- PSG reject bid from Chelsea for Marquinhos [Mail]
- Chelsea loanee Lewis Baker scores & misses penalty for Vitesse (video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...