Fernando Torres individual highlights v Basel – leaves ball behind, hits post, misses sitter
- April 26, 2013
Fernando Torres may be slowly getting back his confidence, desire and pace, but his sharpness in front of goal is still way off.
Torres is leading the Chelsea line in their Europa League campaign with Demba Ba cup tied, and until last night he’d performed rather well, scoring as well as holding the ball up well in the lone striker role.
Last night’s 2-1 win in Basel though, was yet another step backwards in Torres’ mission to get back to his best.
Torres led the line well, his attitude and work ethic were there, but his finishing and touch let him down.
At one point in the first half he was nearly through on goal when he so badly misjudged his dribble that he left the ball behind.
Torres hit the post with a decent chance soon after, although this was on his left and was well hit to be fair.
His best chance came in the second half, when he fluffed a sitter, striking the ball with no conviction straight at the keeper, where a sharp Torres would have quickly chosen a corner.
Watch Fernando Torres’ individual highlights in Chelsea’s 2-1 win over Basel in the Europa League semi-final first leg on the clip below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...