Fellaini pictured on crutches, Napoli move for Man United midfielder now unlikely
- August 20, 2014
The Sun have a picture exclusive on their back page today and Manchester United fans are unlikely to be too happy about it.
Manchester United midfielder Marouane Fellaini is pictured in crutches with a huge protective boot over his left leg.
The Belgian came on for the final 23 minutes of Manchester United’s 2-1 home defeat to Swansea on Saturday.
It is not clear whether Fellaini picked up the injury in the Premier League match or in Manchester United training.
A goal against Valencia in Manchester United’s final pre-season match last week had suggested Fellaini would fight for his place in Louis van Gaal’s first team at Old Trafford.
Fellaini has been heavily linked with a move to Napoli this summer, perhaps on loan.
Napoli’s draw with Athletic Bilbao on Tuesday night in the Champions League play-offs may also affect their chances of bringing in big name players.
Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!!
Open a new account with William Hill, Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!!
- Man United are trying to sell Robin van Persie in secret [Mirror]
- Javier Hernandez is ‘70%’ certain to leave Man United to join Orlando City ...
- Man United fans vent fury on Twitter after club release another starlet [Tweets]
- Man United fans react to Ilkay Gundogan’s decision to sign on at Borussia Dortmun...
- Dwight Yorke expects Man United to challenge for the PL title next season [video]
- Man United put together a €160m package (transfer fee & wages) for Bayern’s ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi