- Tite reveals Ancelotti wants to sign Cruzeiro’s Lucas Silva for Real, Perez wants Marco Reus
- TV cameras missed violent punch-up between City’s Vincent Kompany & Bayern’s Franck Ribery [Eurosport]
- Borussia Dortmund trained in London’s Regent’s Park before the Arsenal game [Pictures]
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Unfair to single out Steven Gerrard, he’s carried this club’ [Video]
- Liverpool fan channels call for Steven Gerrard to be returned to Number 10 role [Video]
Felipe Melo sent off for crazy kung-fu kick to the head (Juventus-Parma)
Felipe Melo produced another moment of madness this afternoon to add to his general perception of being a bit of a nutter. (Relive his World Cup 2010 sending off v Holland here.)
Just 17 minutes into the early Serie A match between Juventus and Parma today, the Brazilian midfielder took a kung fu swipe to the head of Parma defender Massimo Paci whilst prone on the ground.
The petulant foul and quite disgraceful attack on the Parma number 24, immediately evoked memories of Nigel De Jong’s infamous kung fu kick on Xabi Alonso in the World Cup final of 2010 and if anything was a whole lot worse.
To add to Melo’s dismay, Juventus were beaten 4-1 by a Parma side that revelled in the open spaces as a result of playing against 10 men. With Sebastian Giovinco scoring two against his parent club.
Related video link: Highlights of Juventus 1 – Parma 4.
- Updated: January 6, 2011