Felipe Melo sent off for crazy kung-fu kick to the head (Juventus-Parma)
- January 6, 2011
Felipe Melo produced another moment of madness this afternoon to add to his general perception of being a bit of a nutter. (Relive his World Cup 2010 sending off v Holland here.)
Just 17 minutes into the early Serie A match between Juventus and Parma today, the Brazilian midfielder took a kung fu swipe to the head of Parma defender Massimo Paci whilst prone on the ground.
The petulant foul and quite disgraceful attack on the Parma number 24, immediately evoked memories of Nigel De Jong’s infamous kung fu kick on Xabi Alonso in the World Cup final of 2010 and if anything was a whole lot worse.
To add to Melo’s dismay, Juventus were beaten 4-1 by a Parma side that revelled in the open spaces as a result of playing against 10 men. With Sebastian Giovinco scoring two against his parent club.
Related video link: Highlights of Juventus 1 – Parma 4.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...