- Mad! Man United’s Angel Di Maria is 2nd in the La Liga assists chart for 2014 [Graphic]
- Jose Mourinho pre Stoke v Chelsea: We play much better football this season!
- The Top 10 Youngsters in World Football 2014 [Video]
- Lionel Messi’s insanely brilliant control for 2nd goal v Cordoba [GIF + video]
- Amazing! Jonas Gutierrez makes his Newcastle comeback for the under-21s v West Ham [Pictures]
Felipe Melo sent off for crazy kung-fu kick to the head (Juventus-Parma)
Felipe Melo produced another moment of madness this afternoon to add to his general perception of being a bit of a nutter. (Relive his World Cup 2010 sending off v Holland here.)
Just 17 minutes into the early Serie A match between Juventus and Parma today, the Brazilian midfielder took a kung fu swipe to the head of Parma defender Massimo Paci whilst prone on the ground.
The petulant foul and quite disgraceful attack on the Parma number 24, immediately evoked memories of Nigel De Jong’s infamous kung fu kick on Xabi Alonso in the World Cup final of 2010 and if anything was a whole lot worse.
To add to Melo’s dismay, Juventus were beaten 4-1 by a Parma side that revelled in the open spaces as a result of playing against 10 men. With Sebastian Giovinco scoring two against his parent club.
Related video link: Highlights of Juventus 1 – Parma 4.
- Updated: January 6, 2011