FC Porto release statement confirming that they’ve sold Fernando to Manchester City for €15million
- June 25, 2014
FC Porto have this evening confirmed that they’ve completed the sale of midfielder Fernando to Manchester City for €15million.
In a rather old fashioned move (no Twitter or Facebook announcement), the Portuguese club released a brief, essentially legal statement (below), confirming the details of the transaction.
Porto were merely adhering to market norms here, to inform the Stock Exchange of the transfer, though it’s odd they haven’t backed it up as yet on social media.
In archaic legal language, Porto confirmed:
‘FC Porto, by the terms of the Code of Commercial Values, inform the market that its arrived at an agreement with Manchester City for the definitive ceding of right of sporting registration of the professional footballer Fernando Reges, for the value of 15 million euros.’
Right. So they’ve sold Fernando to Man City then!
Over to City to announce the news with considerably more pomp and glamour.
- Man City may spend almost £100m on Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling & Kevin De Br...
- Man City are on the verge of signing Aston Villa’s Fabian Delph in £8m transfer
- Yaya Toure talks about his five best Manchester City goals [Video]
- Man City players join with lucky fans to unveil new Nike home kit for the 2015/16 seaso...
- Man City offer Bayer Leverkusen €35m for winger Karim Bellarabi [Hamburger Morgenpost]
- Man United’s Rafael da Silva snapped wearing a shirt with a Man City looking badg...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi