FC Porto release statement confirming that they’ve sold Fernando to Manchester City for €15million
FC Porto have this evening confirmed that they’ve completed the sale of midfielder Fernando to Manchester City for €15million.
In a rather old fashioned move (no Twitter or Facebook announcement), the Portuguese club released a brief, essentially legal statement (below), confirming the details of the transaction.
Porto were merely adhering to market norms here, to inform the Stock Exchange of the transfer, though it’s odd they haven’t backed it up as yet on social media.
In archaic legal language, Porto confirmed:
‘FC Porto, by the terms of the Code of Commercial Values, inform the market that its arrived at an agreement with Manchester City for the definitive ceding of right of sporting registration of the professional footballer Fernando Reges, for the value of 15 million euros.’
Right. So they’ve sold Fernando to Man City then!
Over to City to announce the news with considerably more pomp and glamour.
Watch Live Stream
- Who is Phil Foden? Man City name 16-year-old in UCL squad vs CelticDecember 6, 2016
- Watch Willian’s goal for Chelsea at Man City from the perfect angle (video)December 6, 2016
- Atletico Madrid are making serious money from Sergio Aguero’s success at Man CityDecember 6, 2016
- Man City v Celtic: Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 6, 2016
- Man United keen on €60m Porto striker Andre Silva [Daily Record]November 15, 2016
- Arsenal have been scouting Porto’s Andre Silva since last year’s U20WC [O Jogo]October 6, 2016
- Leicester v Porto: UEFA Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 26, 2016
- Everton very close to signing Yacine Brahimi from Porto [Ojogo]August 30, 2016