FC Porto release statement confirming that they’ve sold Fernando to Manchester City for €15million
FC Porto have this evening confirmed that they’ve completed the sale of midfielder Fernando to Manchester City for €15million.
In a rather old fashioned move (no Twitter or Facebook announcement), the Portuguese club released a brief, essentially legal statement (below), confirming the details of the transaction.
Porto were merely adhering to market norms here, to inform the Stock Exchange of the transfer, though it’s odd they haven’t backed it up as yet on social media.
In archaic legal language, Porto confirmed:
‘FC Porto, by the terms of the Code of Commercial Values, inform the market that its arrived at an agreement with Manchester City for the definitive ceding of right of sporting registration of the professional footballer Fernando Reges, for the value of 15 million euros.’
Right. So they’ve sold Fernando to Man City then!
Over to City to announce the news with considerably more pomp and glamour.
Watch Live Stream
- Manchester City to announce £20m deal for Dortmund star Ilkay Gundogan today [BILD]May 24th, 2016
- Man City set to spent big money on BVB’s Ilkay Gundogan even though he’s injured [Kic...May 22nd, 2016
- Which team will be better: Pep Guardiola’s Man City or Jose Mourinho’s Man United? (B...May 22nd, 2016
- Man United players sing about Man City in dressing room after FA Cup final win (Video)May 21st, 2016
- Arsenal scouts spotted at Porto looking at a defensive midfielder [O Jogo]May 1st, 2016
- FC Porto reject a bid from Arsenal for a midfielder [Correio da Manha]April 13th, 2016
- Porto: El Confidencial’s source on Iker Casillas rumours died years agoMarch 17th, 2016
- Porto president Pinto da Costa admits Iker Casillas’s signing has been a “fiasco̶...March 16th, 2016