FC Porto release statement confirming that they’ve sold Fernando to Manchester City for €15million
FC Porto have this evening confirmed that they’ve completed the sale of midfielder Fernando to Manchester City for €15million.
In a rather old fashioned move (no Twitter or Facebook announcement), the Portuguese club released a brief, essentially legal statement (below), confirming the details of the transaction.
Porto were merely adhering to market norms here, to inform the Stock Exchange of the transfer, though it’s odd they haven’t backed it up as yet on social media.
In archaic legal language, Porto confirmed:
‘FC Porto, by the terms of the Code of Commercial Values, inform the market that its arrived at an agreement with Manchester City for the definitive ceding of right of sporting registration of the professional footballer Fernando Reges, for the value of 15 million euros.’
Right. So they’ve sold Fernando to Man City then!
Over to City to announce the news with considerably more pomp and glamour.
Watch Live Stream
- Barcelona keeper Claudio Bravo pictured in Manchester ahead of Man City move [Photos]August 23, 2016
- The 101 Great Goals Premier League Gameweek 2 QuizAugust 22, 2016
- Chelsea & Man City stars joined by Zlatan Ibrahimovic in the BBC team of the weekAugust 22, 2016
- Everton have placed a bid for Manchester City keeper Joe Hart [Telegraph]August 21, 2016
- Arsenal loanee Wojciech Szczesny makes horrendous howler in 3-0 Roma UCL defeat (Video)August 23, 2016
- Everton overtake Arsenal in the race for an Algerian winger [Record]August 22, 2016
- Arsenal target another Algerian after missing out on Leicester’s Riyad Mahrez [Mirror]August 21, 2016
- PSV destroy Porto with champagne football en route to stunning team goal (Video)July 21, 2016