FC Porto release statement confirming that they’ve sold Fernando to Manchester City for €15million
- June 25, 2014
FC Porto have this evening confirmed that they’ve completed the sale of midfielder Fernando to Manchester City for €15million.
In a rather old fashioned move (no Twitter or Facebook announcement), the Portuguese club released a brief, essentially legal statement (below), confirming the details of the transaction.
Porto were merely adhering to market norms here, to inform the Stock Exchange of the transfer, though it’s odd they haven’t backed it up as yet on social media.
In archaic legal language, Porto confirmed:
‘FC Porto, by the terms of the Code of Commercial Values, inform the market that its arrived at an agreement with Manchester City for the definitive ceding of right of sporting registration of the professional footballer Fernando Reges, for the value of 15 million euros.’
Right. So they’ve sold Fernando to Man City then!
Over to City to announce the news with considerably more pomp and glamour.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...