FC Porto release statement confirming that they’ve sold Fernando to Manchester City for €15million
FC Porto have this evening confirmed that they’ve completed the sale of midfielder Fernando to Manchester City for €15million.
In a rather old fashioned move (no Twitter or Facebook announcement), the Portuguese club released a brief, essentially legal statement (below), confirming the details of the transaction.
Porto were merely adhering to market norms here, to inform the Stock Exchange of the transfer, though it’s odd they haven’t backed it up as yet on social media.
In archaic legal language, Porto confirmed:
‘FC Porto, by the terms of the Code of Commercial Values, inform the market that its arrived at an agreement with Manchester City for the definitive ceding of right of sporting registration of the professional footballer Fernando Reges, for the value of 15 million euros.’
Right. So they’ve sold Fernando to Man City then!
Over to City to announce the news with considerably more pomp and glamour.
Watch Live Stream
- Pep Guardiola was happy with Man City’s response v Celtic (Video)September 28, 2016
- Best Tweets as Celtic and Manchester City produce epic 3-3 in Champions LeagueSeptember 28, 2016
- Moussa Dembele stuns Manchester City with opening goal (Video)September 28, 2016
- Celtic v Man City: UEFA Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 28, 2016
- Leicester v Porto: UEFA Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 26, 2016
- Everton very close to signing Yacine Brahimi from Porto [Ojogo]August 30, 2016
- Sporting CP post highlights clip of Arsenal’s Joel Campbell debut cameo in 2-1 win (Video)August 29, 2016
- Leicester bound Islam Slimani was in tears after his final Sporting CP game (Video)August 29, 2016