FC Porto release statement confirming that they’ve sold Fernando to Manchester City for €15million
- June 25, 2014
FC Porto have this evening confirmed that they’ve completed the sale of midfielder Fernando to Manchester City for €15million.
In a rather old fashioned move (no Twitter or Facebook announcement), the Portuguese club released a brief, essentially legal statement (below), confirming the details of the transaction.
Porto were merely adhering to market norms here, to inform the Stock Exchange of the transfer, though it’s odd they haven’t backed it up as yet on social media.
In archaic legal language, Porto confirmed:
‘FC Porto, by the terms of the Code of Commercial Values, inform the market that its arrived at an agreement with Manchester City for the definitive ceding of right of sporting registration of the professional footballer Fernando Reges, for the value of 15 million euros.’
Right. So they’ve sold Fernando to Man City then!
Over to City to announce the news with considerably more pomp and glamour.
- Wrexham FC produce awesome Mortal Kombat themed video in Javan Vidal tribute (Video)
- Man City agree to sell Edin Dzeko to Roma for €23m [Gazzetta Dello Sport]
- Ex-Chelsea & Man City midfielder Frank Lampard makes his MLS debut (Videos)
- Stuttgart blitz Man City in 1st half; Pellegrini’s side recover to lose 4-2 (Offi...
- Respect: Manchester City fan gets United tattoo for charity
- Guardian 2015-16 Preview: Can Manchester City win their title back? (Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi