FC Barcelona reveal that Thomas Vermaelen has a thigh injury, out for unknown period
- August 11, 2014
Never buy a player from Arsene Wenger, so the proverb goes.
Just two days after Thomas Vermaelen passed his medical at Barcelona, having signed from Arsenal for approximately £15m, the Catalan club have revealed that the Belgian defender is carrying a thigh injury, sustained at the World Cup.
Of course, a thigh injury wouldn’t be a reason for a player to fail a medical – the exam is more of a holistic formality, but still, it’s surprising that Vermaelen’s injury was kept on the hush hush throughout negotiations.
You’d have to feel Barcelona were already aware, but preferred to keep it quiet so as not to cause a panic among the fans.
According to the club website, he’ll undergo physiotherapy, and will be unavailable for an unknown period.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]