Barcelona officials confirm Victor Valdes suffered ACL tear and will require surgery [Video]
- March 26, 2014
Barcelona officials have now confirmed that goalkeeper Victor Valdes suffered an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tear, and will require surgery.
Barcelona’s goalkeeper Victor Valdes was subbed off in the 22nd minute after suffering a knee injury during his club’s match against Celta Vigo on Wednesday night.
Valdes’ right knee appeared to buckle when he came down after jumping to block a free kick. He managed to gather in the ball but then fell to the turf and called to be substituted. After minutes of medical attention, the Catalonian was carted off the pitch and subbed for Barca’s 2nd goalie Jose Pinto.
The injury will be a major setback for the Spanish international, who will now be forced to miss Barcelona’s remaining program, as well as the Spanish national team’s World Cup campaign in Brazil this coming June.
Watch Victor Valdes’ injury below:
- Anthony Martial’s move to Man United to be 5th biggest transfer fee of all time [...
- Done Deal: West Ham re-sign Barcelona’s Alex Song on a season long loan [Tweet]
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Barcelona 1 – Malaga 0: Thomas Vermaelen scores the winner (Highlights)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...