Barcelona officials confirm Victor Valdes suffered ACL tear and will require surgery [Video]
- March 26, 2014
Barcelona officials have now confirmed that goalkeeper Victor Valdes suffered an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tear, and will require surgery.
Barcelona’s goalkeeper Victor Valdes was subbed off in the 22nd minute after suffering a knee injury during his club’s match against Celta Vigo on Wednesday night.
Valdes’ right knee appeared to buckle when he came down after jumping to block a free kick. He managed to gather in the ball but then fell to the turf and called to be substituted. After minutes of medical attention, the Catalonian was carted off the pitch and subbed for Barca’s 2nd goalie Jose Pinto.
The injury will be a major setback for the Spanish international, who will now be forced to miss Barcelona’s remaining program, as well as the Spanish national team’s World Cup campaign in Brazil this coming June.
Watch Victor Valdes’ injury below:
- Juventus star Paul Pogba plays down talk of Barcelona in interview with Soccer 360
- Barcelona hero Neymar sends young girl signed boots after she writes essay about him [V...
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Chile goalkeeper Claudio Bravo claims there are no plans to mark Barca star Leo Messi i...
- Bobby Adekanye confirms he has signed for Liverpool from Barcelona on Instagram
- Leo Messi orders manager Tata Martino to make substitutions during Copa America semi v ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi