Barcelona officials confirm Victor Valdes suffered ACL tear and will require surgery [Video]
- March 26, 2014
Barcelona officials have now confirmed that goalkeeper Victor Valdes suffered an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tear, and will require surgery.
Barcelona’s goalkeeper Victor Valdes was subbed off in the 22nd minute after suffering a knee injury during his club’s match against Celta Vigo on Wednesday night.
Valdes’ right knee appeared to buckle when he came down after jumping to block a free kick. He managed to gather in the ball but then fell to the turf and called to be substituted. After minutes of medical attention, the Catalonian was carted off the pitch and subbed for Barca’s 2nd goalie Jose Pinto.
The injury will be a major setback for the Spanish international, who will now be forced to miss Barcelona’s remaining program, as well as the Spanish national team’s World Cup campaign in Brazil this coming June.
Watch Victor Valdes’ injury below:
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal fans respond to rumours linking Hector Bellerin with move back to Barcelona [Tweets]May 26th, 2016
- Barcelona target Arsenal’s Hector Bellerin to replace Dani Alves [Mundo Deportivo]May 26th, 2016
- Dani Alves agrees deal to leave Barcelona for Juventus [Cadena SER]May 25th, 2016
- Barcelona’s Leo Messi talks openly about his affection for NBA star Steph Curry (Video)May 25th, 2016
- Man United’s Victor Valdes has a horrible weekend for Standard in a 4-0 defeat (Video)March 14th, 2016
- Manchester United Keeper Victor Valdes grabs opposing player by the neck for Standard Liege (Video)February 28th, 2016
- Man United’s Victor Valdes & Yolanda Cardona have nothing on for Valentine’s Day...February 14th, 2016
- Man United’s Victor Valdes is being charged for giving away his shirt at Standard Liege [Mu...February 10th, 2016