- Oscar’s sister got a picture with Eden Hazard after Chelsea’s win v Man United [Instagram]
- Claude & Ty argue after Arsenal beat Reading to reach the FA Cup final [Arsenal Fan TV]
- Eden Hazard celebrated earning Chelsea an “important 3 points” v Man United [Official Video]
- Chelsea’s win marked the 25th consecutive year that Liverpool have mathematically failed to win the title
- The sad story of how Paulo Cesar sold his 1970 World Cup winners medal for cocaine [L’Equipe]
Barcelona officials confirm Victor Valdes suffered ACL tear and will require surgery [Video]
- March 26, 2014
Barcelona officials have now confirmed that goalkeeper Victor Valdes suffered an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tear, and will require surgery.
Barcelona’s goalkeeper Victor Valdes was subbed off in the 22nd minute after suffering a knee injury during his club’s match against Celta Vigo on Wednesday night.
Valdes’ right knee appeared to buckle when he came down after jumping to block a free kick. He managed to gather in the ball but then fell to the turf and called to be substituted. After minutes of medical attention, the Catalonian was carted off the pitch and subbed for Barca’s 2nd goalie Jose Pinto.
The injury will be a major setback for the Spanish international, who will now be forced to miss Barcelona’s remaining program, as well as the Spanish national team’s World Cup campaign in Brazil this coming June.
Watch Victor Valdes’ injury below: