Barcelona officials confirm Victor Valdes suffered ACL tear and will require surgery [Video]
- March 26, 2014
Barcelona officials have now confirmed that goalkeeper Victor Valdes suffered an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tear, and will require surgery.
Barcelona’s goalkeeper Victor Valdes was subbed off in the 22nd minute after suffering a knee injury during his club’s match against Celta Vigo on Wednesday night.
Valdes’ right knee appeared to buckle when he came down after jumping to block a free kick. He managed to gather in the ball but then fell to the turf and called to be substituted. After minutes of medical attention, the Catalonian was carted off the pitch and subbed for Barca’s 2nd goalie Jose Pinto.
The injury will be a major setback for the Spanish international, who will now be forced to miss Barcelona’s remaining program, as well as the Spanish national team’s World Cup campaign in Brazil this coming June.
Watch Victor Valdes’ injury below:
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...