Barcelona officials confirm Victor Valdes suffered ACL tear and will require surgery [Video]
- March 26, 2014
Barcelona officials have now confirmed that goalkeeper Victor Valdes suffered an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tear, and will require surgery.
Barcelona’s goalkeeper Victor Valdes was subbed off in the 22nd minute after suffering a knee injury during his club’s match against Celta Vigo on Wednesday night.
Valdes’ right knee appeared to buckle when he came down after jumping to block a free kick. He managed to gather in the ball but then fell to the turf and called to be substituted. After minutes of medical attention, the Catalonian was carted off the pitch and subbed for Barca’s 2nd goalie Jose Pinto.
The injury will be a major setback for the Spanish international, who will now be forced to miss Barcelona’s remaining program, as well as the Spanish national team’s World Cup campaign in Brazil this coming June.
Watch Victor Valdes’ injury below:
- Barcelona starlet Alen Halilovic scores Golazo for Sporting Gijon (official video)
- Neymar hit an amazing free-kick v Sevilla which stayed out as the ball refused to cross...
- Deco reveals brilliant story behind his 2004 move from Porto to Barcelona (Abola)
- Saturday Specials! Chelsea banker, boosted Palace & Leicester odds & 20/1 acca!
- Chelsea considering move for Man Utd outcast Victor Valdes to solve goalkeeping crisis ...
- Victor Valdes only named in Manchester United PL squad to conform to rules, still has n...
- Banished and Numberless Victor Valdes thanks Manchester United fans for support on Twitter
- Plot twist: Victor Valdes updates Facebook cover photo to Man United crest (Picture)