Barcelona officials confirm Victor Valdes suffered ACL tear and will require surgery [Video]
- March 26, 2014
Barcelona officials have now confirmed that goalkeeper Victor Valdes suffered an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tear, and will require surgery.
Barcelona’s goalkeeper Victor Valdes was subbed off in the 22nd minute after suffering a knee injury during his club’s match against Celta Vigo on Wednesday night.
Valdes’ right knee appeared to buckle when he came down after jumping to block a free kick. He managed to gather in the ball but then fell to the turf and called to be substituted. After minutes of medical attention, the Catalonian was carted off the pitch and subbed for Barca’s 2nd goalie Jose Pinto.
The injury will be a major setback for the Spanish international, who will now be forced to miss Barcelona’s remaining program, as well as the Spanish national team’s World Cup campaign in Brazil this coming June.
Watch Victor Valdes’ injury below:
Watch Live Stream
- Neymar’s son Davi calls his two new puppies after his favourite Barcelona stars (Video)August 24, 2016
- Barcelona keeper Claudio Bravo pictured in Manchester ahead of Man City move [Photos]August 23, 2016
- Ex-Barcelona youngster Alen Halilovic scores glorious goal for Hamburg (Official video)August 23, 2016
- Miss Bumbum launches Instagram campaign to get Leo Messi to Unblock herAugust 22, 2016
- Boro goalie Victor Valdes talks about his time at Man United [Sky Sports]August 19, 2016
- Oddest transfer of the summer: Middlesbrough confirm signing of Barcelona hero Victor ValdesJuly 7, 2016
- Middlesbrough complete signing of Barcelona legend Victor Valdes; Medical tomorrow [Guillem Balague]July 6, 2016
- Man United old boy Victor Valdes linked to Man City [Guardian]June 14, 2016