Barcelona officials confirm Victor Valdes suffered ACL tear and will require surgery [Video]
- March 26, 2014
Barcelona officials have now confirmed that goalkeeper Victor Valdes suffered an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tear, and will require surgery.
Barcelona’s goalkeeper Victor Valdes was subbed off in the 22nd minute after suffering a knee injury during his club’s match against Celta Vigo on Wednesday night.
Valdes’ right knee appeared to buckle when he came down after jumping to block a free kick. He managed to gather in the ball but then fell to the turf and called to be substituted. After minutes of medical attention, the Catalonian was carted off the pitch and subbed for Barca’s 2nd goalie Jose Pinto.
The injury will be a major setback for the Spanish international, who will now be forced to miss Barcelona’s remaining program, as well as the Spanish national team’s World Cup campaign in Brazil this coming June.
Watch Victor Valdes’ injury below:
Watch Live Stream
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 advert feat. Barcelona shows insane graphics and ball physics (Video)July 28, 2016
- Nutmeg: Leo Messi gave Luis Suarez the runaround in Barcelona training (Video)July 28, 2016
- How much? Barcelona confirm what they actually paid to sign Neymar from SantosJuly 28, 2016
- Barcelona’s Neymar lays into a journalist following questions about his private life (Video)July 27, 2016
- Oddest transfer of the summer: Middlesbrough confirm signing of Barcelona hero Victor ValdesJuly 7, 2016
- Middlesbrough complete signing of Barcelona legend Victor Valdes; Medical tomorrow [Guillem Balague]July 6, 2016
- Man United old boy Victor Valdes linked to Man City [Guardian]June 14, 2016
- Man United release Champions League hero Nick Powell, Victor Valdes and two other playersJune 10, 2016