Father of Man United’s Adnan Januzaj wants his son to play for Kosovo [Het Laatste Nieuws]
Manchester United’s Adnan Januzaj has caused a storm in International football, despite not kicking a ball.
The 18 year old starlet can play for a host of different countries, including England, Belgium, Croatia and Albania.
Belgian newspaper Het Laaste Nieuws are reporting on an interview from Kosovor TV in which Januza’s father offered some interesting quotes on his son’s future national team.
He said, “I want him to choose Kosovo, but it is currently a delicate issue. FIFA states Kosovo can not yet play competitive fixtures.”
Kosovo declared independence from Serbia in 2008 and are still trying to gain full status from FIFA as a footballing nation.
Earlier in 2013 they were granted permission to play friendlies. Kosovo are hoping this leads to full FIFA membership.
The other plausible options for Januzaj appear to be Belgium, England and Albania.
His father also offered some thoughts on the contract stuation at Manchester United.
“Adnan now concentrates on Manchester United, the club where he wants to stay. We are talking about a contract extension, but negotiations can take some time. There are many parameters that we consider. Everything is going in the right direction,”
- Man United’s Adnan Januzaj labelled ‘unmotivated’ by Enzo Scifo, player’s...
- Adnan Januzaj turned down Belgium U21 call-up to train harder at Dortmund [RTBF]
- Awesome: Man United loanee Adnan Januzaj refuses to go down (Video)
- Man United attacker Adnan Januzaj scored in a friendly for Dortmund today (Video)
- PSV Eindhoven fans wish Luke Shaw well with banner for Man United game [Picture]
- Louis van Gaal discusses Anthony Martial’s likely participation v PSV (Video)
- Ryan Shawcross talks about squabble with Robin van Persie and his time at Man United (Video)
- Sir Alex Ferguson is on a mission to bring Cristiano Ronaldo back to Man United [Marca]