Father of Man United’s Adnan Januzaj wants his son to play for Kosovo [Het Laatste Nieuws]
- October 18, 2013
Manchester United’s Adnan Januzaj has caused a storm in International football, despite not kicking a ball.
The 18 year old starlet can play for a host of different countries, including England, Belgium, Croatia and Albania.
Belgian newspaper Het Laaste Nieuws are reporting on an interview from Kosovor TV in which Januza’s father offered some interesting quotes on his son’s future national team.
He said, “I want him to choose Kosovo, but it is currently a delicate issue. FIFA states Kosovo can not yet play competitive fixtures.”
Kosovo declared independence from Serbia in 2008 and are still trying to gain full status from FIFA as a footballing nation.
Earlier in 2013 they were granted permission to play friendlies. Kosovo are hoping this leads to full FIFA membership.
The other plausible options for Januzaj appear to be Belgium, England and Albania.
His father also offered some thoughts on the contract stuation at Manchester United.
“Adnan now concentrates on Manchester United, the club where he wants to stay. We are talking about a contract extension, but negotiations can take some time. There are many parameters that we consider. Everything is going in the right direction,”
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...