- Video of the incredible rain storm that suspended Estoril v PSV
- Robin van Persie set to be replaced by Radamel Falcao for Man United v Hull [Sun]
- BassBuds deny they were behind 3 Spurs-Partizan pitch invasions
- WOW! Samir Handanovic saves 6th (sixth!) consecutive penalty for Inter Milan v Dnipro
- TrollStation take credit for 3 pitch invasions during Spurs-Partizan 1st half
Father of Man United’s Adnan Januzaj wants his son to play for Kosovo [Het Laatste Nieuws]
Manchester United’s Adnan Januzaj has caused a storm in International football, despite not kicking a ball.
The 18 year old starlet can play for a host of different countries, including England, Belgium, Croatia and Albania.
Belgian newspaper Het Laaste Nieuws are reporting on an interview from Kosovor TV in which Januza’s father offered some interesting quotes on his son’s future national team.
He said, “I want him to choose Kosovo, but it is currently a delicate issue. FIFA states Kosovo can not yet play competitive fixtures.”
Kosovo declared independence from Serbia in 2008 and are still trying to gain full status from FIFA as a footballing nation.
Earlier in 2013 they were granted permission to play friendlies. Kosovo are hoping this leads to full FIFA membership.
The other plausible options for Januzaj appear to be Belgium, England and Albania.
His father also offered some thoughts on the contract stuation at Manchester United.
“Adnan now concentrates on Manchester United, the club where he wants to stay. We are talking about a contract extension, but negotiations can take some time. There are many parameters that we consider. Everything is going in the right direction,”
- Updated: October 18, 2013