- Howard Webb, Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville talk about diving [Video]
- Magnificent! Tha’er Bawab (Craiova) finishes wonderful solo run off with scooped finish v Rapid Bucharesti
- Liverpool’s Sheyi Ojo & Chelsea’s Dominic Solanke score in England U18s win over Poland
- Paul Pogba says his ambition is to become as good as Zinedine Zidane
- Xabi Alonso on uber-wealthy Man City’s European struggles: Football is not mathematics
Fan Footage: Brentford fans call Leyton Orient’s Martin Rowlands a ****, he rockets home a FK
Tuesday night at Griffin Park saw the big lower-league London derby, as Brentford played host to fellow capitol city dwellers Leyton Orient.
The League One showdown started at a fast pace as the O’s marched in front after only five minutes, and a super piece of fan footage recorded an egg on the face moment as some Brentford fans taped the incident play out on their mobile phone.
Things started with Orient midfielder Martin Rowlands stood on top of a free-kick just outside the box, while the Brentford fans roared: Rowlands you’re a ****! Rowlands, Rowlands you’re a ****!
And then came footballer’s reply. A swerving rocket into the far corner of the net.
In the end the match finished 2-apiece. (Thanks to @bringyerdinner for the tip off.)
Enjoy the brilliant lower league banter below.
- Updated: January 23, 2013