Awkward! French Sports Minister introduces the real Ronaldo to a crowd of press, she called him Cristiano
Valerie Fourneyron is the dumb-dumb of the day.
On Thursday France’s Sports Minister attended a presentation for the 2014 World Cup organised by the Embassy of Brazil located in Paris, and amongst the attendees was Brazilian legend Ronaldo.
Mrs. Fourneyron took the mic in order to speak to the crowd and introduce her star World Cup winning guest, but she suffered a FAIL as she referred to the Brazilian hero as Cristiano Ronaldo.
Ronaldo’s face was a picture as the French Minister bungled her lines, whilst the rest of her speech was hugely awkward as fumbled her way to closing her trap.
Valerie Fourneyron has since apologised for her error on Twitter.
— Valérie Fourneyron (@vfourneyron) November 7, 2013
Watch the French Sports Minister embarrass herself and Ronaldo below.
- Cristiano Ronaldo Junior sticks his finger up at his dad during award speech (Video)
- Cristiano Ronaldo picks up fourth Golden Shoe, sets sights on ‘fifth and sixth...
- Gareth Bale’s agent oddly confirms he and Cristiano Ronaldo don’t ‘ha...
- Players get ready to vote for their FIFPro World XI 2015 (video)
- Ronaldo romps and Messi watch complaints feature in new book of Barcelona anecdotes
- Sir Alex Ferguson reveals 7 superstars he almost signed at Man United ft. 18-year-old R...
- World Cup legends Ronaldo and Klose scout street footballers in new Nike ad [Video]
- Arsenal man picks his Ultimate XI – featuring Leo Messi and (The Original) Ronald...