Awkward! French Sports Minister introduces the real Ronaldo to a crowd of press, she called him Cristiano
Valerie Fourneyron is the dumb-dumb of the day.
On Thursday France’s Sports Minister attended a presentation for the 2014 World Cup organised by the Embassy of Brazil located in Paris, and amongst the attendees was Brazilian legend Ronaldo.
Mrs. Fourneyron took the mic in order to speak to the crowd and introduce her star World Cup winning guest, but she suffered a FAIL as she referred to the Brazilian hero as Cristiano Ronaldo.
Ronaldo’s face was a picture as the French Minister bungled her lines, whilst the rest of her speech was hugely awkward as fumbled her way to closing her trap.
Valerie Fourneyron has since apologised for her error on Twitter.
— Valérie Fourneyron (@vfourneyron) November 7, 2013
Watch the French Sports Minister embarrass herself and Ronaldo below.
Watch Live Stream
- Incredible video of Cristiano Ronaldo’s rousing half-time speech in CL finalOctober 23, 2016
- Sir Alex Ferguson names Cristiano Ronaldo as the best player he’s coachedOctober 22, 2016
- Barcelona legend Eric Abidal says that Cristiano Ronaldo is a burden for Portugal [Grup 14]October 21, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo offends Buddhists on social mediaOctober 20, 2016
- Ronaldo wants Real Madrid to sign Liverpool star Philippe Coutinho [Onda Cero]October 18, 2016
- Ronaldo jokes about Luis Figo’s attractive wife Helen Svedin [Onda Cero]October 18, 2016
- Brazil legend Ronaldo has a new role at Real Madrid [Marca]August 24, 2016
- Brazilian Ronaldo picks his all-time best XI. No place for Cristiano Ronaldo (video)August 20, 2016