FAIL! Ryo Miyaichi’s epic miss for Arsenal U21s v West Brom
- September 16, 2013
Ryo Miyaichi's miss in the U21 game was on par if not worse than Torres vs United mate.
— (@ImpoliteSkeptic) September 14, 2013
Ryo Miyaichi's miss though was absolutely shocking, Torres-esque.
— Ken Smith (@K_Smith1886) September 14, 2013
Last week Arsenal’s under-21s picked up a narrow 1-0 win over West Brom, but the Gunners margin of victory showed have been much larger.
Ryo Miyaichi, Arsenal’s 20-year-old Japanese forward, missed an opportunity to break the deadlock when faced with an empty net.
After 12 minutes, Arsenal striker Serge Gnabry collected the ball on the left hand side, and after cutting infield, the forward slid a lovely weighing pass into the onrushing Miyaichi in the Baggies’ box.
Miyaichi’s first touch was excellent; by pushing the ball to his left the forward took out both West Brom’s goalie and centre-half, but when faced with the simpler job of scoring Miyaichi, slightly off balance, fired wide of an empty target.
Watch Ryo Miyaichi’s epic miss for Arsenal U21s v West Brom below.
- Galatasaray confirm Lukas Podolski will sign contract today, drawing his Arsenal career...
- Hector Bellerin speaks about how he felt when he first heard fans sing his name [Video]
- Arsenal full-back Nacho Monreal shows his patriotic side with Ultimate XI choices [Video]
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Former Arsenal & Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka becomes a player manager in India ...
- Arsenal fans react to Lukas Podolski’s €4m move to Galatasaray [Tweets]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi