FAIL! Ryo Miyaichi’s epic miss for Arsenal U21s v West Brom
- September 16, 2013
Ryo Miyaichi's miss in the U21 game was on par if not worse than Torres vs United mate.
— (@ImpoliteSkeptic) September 14, 2013
Ryo Miyaichi's miss though was absolutely shocking, Torres-esque.
— Ken Smith (@K_Smith1886) September 14, 2013
Last week Arsenal’s under-21s picked up a narrow 1-0 win over West Brom, but the Gunners margin of victory showed have been much larger.
Ryo Miyaichi, Arsenal’s 20-year-old Japanese forward, missed an opportunity to break the deadlock when faced with an empty net.
After 12 minutes, Arsenal striker Serge Gnabry collected the ball on the left hand side, and after cutting infield, the forward slid a lovely weighing pass into the onrushing Miyaichi in the Baggies’ box.
Miyaichi’s first touch was excellent; by pushing the ball to his left the forward took out both West Brom’s goalie and centre-half, but when faced with the simpler job of scoring Miyaichi, slightly off balance, fired wide of an empty target.
Watch Ryo Miyaichi’s epic miss for Arsenal U21s v West Brom below.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...