FAIL! Ryo Miyaichi’s epic miss for Arsenal U21s v West Brom
Ryo Miyaichi's miss in the U21 game was on par if not worse than Torres vs United mate.
— (@ImpoliteSkeptic) September 14, 2013
Ryo Miyaichi's miss though was absolutely shocking, Torres-esque.
— Ken Smith (@K_Smith1886) September 14, 2013
Last week Arsenal’s under-21s picked up a narrow 1-0 win over West Brom, but the Gunners margin of victory showed have been much larger.
Ryo Miyaichi, Arsenal’s 20-year-old Japanese forward, missed an opportunity to break the deadlock when faced with an empty net.
After 12 minutes, Arsenal striker Serge Gnabry collected the ball on the left hand side, and after cutting infield, the forward slid a lovely weighing pass into the onrushing Miyaichi in the Baggies’ box.
Miyaichi’s first touch was excellent; by pushing the ball to his left the forward took out both West Brom’s goalie and centre-half, but when faced with the simpler job of scoring Miyaichi, slightly off balance, fired wide of an empty target.
Watch Ryo Miyaichi’s epic miss for Arsenal U21s v West Brom below.
- Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere refuses to put time scale on injury return (Video)
- Fan calls for ex-Chelsea doctor Eva Carneiro to solve Gunners injury problems (Arsenal Fan TV Video)
- CL round-up video: Alexis Sanchez skills for Arsenal & Willian free-kick for Chelsea
- Arsene Wenger invites a journalist on a night out to see how he spends money, cue the jokes [Tweets]
- Arsenal loanee Ryo Miyaichi scored a brilliant solo golazo for FC Twente’s B-team [Video]
- Arsenal loanee Ryo Miyaichi’s sub appearance for Twente in draw with AZ [Individual highlig...
- Ryo Miyaichi signs new Arsenal contract & moves to FC Twente on loan
- FAIL! Ryo Miyaichi’s epic miss for Arsenal U21s v West Brom