Fabrice Muamba stars with a Salsa on Strictly Come Dancing Christmas Special
- December 26, 2012
“It all depends on what else is going on. I am very busy and we will just have to see. Two weeks ago, I couldn’t perform ballroom dancing but now I can. I’ve really enjoyed doing the Strictly Christmas special. It was a lot of fun. I want to use what happened to me and turn it into something positive. You have to get up and go in life. Stopping football is not the end of the world.” – Fabrice Muamba.
Besides the annual Queen’s Speech, one of the highlights on Christmas Day on UK television was the stirring performance from Fabrice Muamba on the Strictly Come Dancing Christmas Special.
Just nine months ago Muamba suffered a cardiac arrest at White Hart Lane during an FA Cup tie between Bolton and Spurs with his football career subsequently sopped at the age of 24.
Muamba spoke after the dancing show about his reasons for appearing: “I want to spread the word about cardiac arrest and show young people you can do anything you want, as long as you have the right people around you and the right mentality. You have to have discipline in your life.”
Footage of Fabrice Muamba’s inspiring performance alongside Aliona Vilani can be seen on the video below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi