Fabio Coentrao’s days at Real Madrid are numbered, Chelsea favourites for €18m swoop
- May 24, 2013
Three newspapers in Iberia, Marca, ABola and O Jogo, all agree that Fabio Coentrao’s days at Real Madrid are numbered.
Quotes, initially circulated by Portuguese paper O Jogo, claim that Coentrao have admitted his time at the Santiago Bernabeu is up. The left-back is reported to have said:
From the first day I do not think I was wanted here. Today it seems that everyone wants me to leave the club. I do not know what I have done wrong. We must find a solution that is good for both the club and myself, so that no one will lose out.
25-year-old Coentrao joined Real Madrid in 2011 from Benfica, and the left back featured 20 times in the league in his first season, while only 16 times in the 2012-13 campaign which just finished.
Coentrao is widely regarded ‘a Mourinho signing’, and belief is that the Portuguese international will walk out the Madrid door when the Special One leaves on June 1st.
Many are suggesting that Coentrao’s next destination will be Chelsea, however the Real defender will have a hard time usurping Ashley Cole from the Blues’ line-up after the England left-back signed a one-year contract extension back in January 2013.
According to the rumour mill, Coentrao would command an €18m transfer fee.
Video evidence of Fabio Coentrao can be seen below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi