- Man United & Arsenal have a great win % on Boxing Day, Aston Villa less so
- The top 10 funniest moments of the Bundesliga so far! [Video]
- Tottenham are in advanced talks with PSG midfielder Adrien Rabiot [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea consider a singing section in the Shed End to improve the home atmosphere [Daily Mail]
- Lionel Messi has a new football tattoo on his left leg [Pictures]
Fabio Coentrao to join Man United from Real Madrid on loan for the rest of the season [Sunday Telegraph]
Last Wednesday news broke from Diário de Notícias journalist Gonçalo Lopes that Manchester United were closing in on Real Madrid left-back Fabio Coentrao, and now the Sunday Telegraph agree.
Under the headline “United deal for Coentrao is on”, Red Devils fans are lead to believe that the Real Madrid left-back is poised to move to Old Trafford for the rest of the season on loan.
A key figure in the Coentrao story is the player’s agent, Jorge Mendes. According to the Telegraph, Mendes has assured United that Coentrao is keen on a move to the Theatre of Dreams, however the complications in the deal seem to be that Real aren’t keen in allowing the player to leave the Bernbaeu.
To recap, Coentrao came within a whisker of moving to Old Trafford in the summer, with Record famously reporting that the left-back cried next to Cristiano Ronaldo and Nani as the trio stayed up watching TV on transfer deadline day to see if the Portuguese international defender would move between their clubs from the Santiago Bernabeu to Old Trafford.
Summing up the rest of the article in the Telegraph, writer Jason Burt also links FC Porto’s Eliaquim Mangala and Benfica’s Ezequiel Garay to United, whilst noting that Galatasaray are trying to sign Nemanja Vidic in the summer when the Serb’s contract expires.
A copy of the backpage of the Sunday Telegraph can be seen below.
- Updated: January 11, 2014