- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas has a history of leading the PL assists chart at the halfway stage [Graphic]
- Ashley Barnes (Burnley) thumping equaliser v Man City from behind the goal [Video]
- Real Madrid keepers Keylor Navas & Iker Casillas make incredible saves in training [Video]
- Shots fired! Fernando Torres admits he left Liverpool for Chelsea to win trophies
- Watch Swindon Town’s Australian midfielder Massimo Luongo amazing skills [Video]
FA chairman Greg Dyke: Its too early to say whether Russia should host World Cup [Newsnight]
FA chairman Greg Dyke was a guest on BBC’s Newsnight on Tuesday night, for a forthright exchange of views of several hot button topics.
On the issue of Qatar hosting the World Cup, Dyke refused to say that the Gulf state had bribed it’s way to winning the tournament, however he did say that if corruption was established, than Qatar should lose the right to hold the illustrious competition through a revote.
The FA chairman did say though, that England would not pull out of aWorld Cup in Qatar should it happen.
With regards to Russia holding the World Cup in 2018, the football decision maker said “it’s too early” to discuss whether they should host the tournament in light of recent events with Ukraine.
Talk then turned to England’s performance in Brazil, where the FA chairman openly discussed the failings of the team plus the underlying problems with English football with respect to creating a winning national side.
Watch the interview below.
- Updated: July 23, 2014