FA chairman Greg Dyke: Its too early to say whether Russia should host World Cup [Newsnight]
- July 23, 2014
FA chairman Greg Dyke was a guest on BBC’s Newsnight on Tuesday night, for a forthright exchange of views of several hot button topics.
On the issue of Qatar hosting the World Cup, Dyke refused to say that the Gulf state had bribed it’s way to winning the tournament, however he did say that if corruption was established, than Qatar should lose the right to hold the illustrious competition through a revote.
The FA chairman did say though, that England would not pull out of aWorld Cup in Qatar should it happen.
With regards to Russia holding the World Cup in 2018, the football decision maker said “it’s too early” to discuss whether they should host the tournament in light of recent events with Ukraine.
Talk then turned to England’s performance in Brazil, where the FA chairman openly discussed the failings of the team plus the underlying problems with English football with respect to creating a winning national side.
Watch the interview below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...