Ezequiel Garay’s move from Benfica to Man United is imminent, AC Milan eye Vidic [Record]
Portuguese paper Record claim that Ezequiel Garay’s move from Benfica to Manchester United is imminent, and according to sources the centre-half’s arrival is of concern to club captain Nemanja Vidic.
Record note that Vidic, 31, is approaching the final year of his contract at Old Trafford, and the signing of Ezequiel Garay could see the Serb’s days in Manchester come to a close.
Should Vidic find himself surplus to requirements at the Theatre of Dreams, Record say that AC Milan could pounce for the rock-solid centre-back.
Noticeably, the piece in Record fails to include any quotes or any transfer fees for the alleged moves of either Garay or Vidic.
Fortunately Record have filled in one of those blanks earlier in the summer, as back in June the paper reported that the Red Devils were poised to sign Garay for €20m. According to the rumour mill, Benfica and Manchester United shook hands on a gentleman’s agreement at the beginning of the year.
Garay is widely considered to be one of the best defenders in Portugal, and although the 26-year-old is not the fastest player ever seen, his football brain means the centre-half is rarely caught out of position.
Ezequiel Garay’s individual match highlights against Chelsea from the 2012-13 Europa League final can be seen below.
Watch Live Stream
- Ricardo Quaresma and Besiktas were ecstatic to get Benfica in the UCL draw [Instagram]August 26, 2016
- Arsenal continue to scout a Benfica teenage striker [O Jogo]August 21, 2016
- Wonderkid Andre Horta bags amazing solo goal on Benfica league debut v Tondela (Video)August 14, 2016
- Liverpool to miss out on Benfica’s Anderson Talisca as he heads to the Championship [A Bola]July 27, 2016
- Paul Pogba’s awesome response to a Man United fan on TwitterAugust 27, 2016
- Man United tipped to sign Real Madrid star Gareth Bale in a BS article in the Sunday StarAugust 27, 2016
- Jose Mourinho discussed Fergie Time after Man United win at Hull (Video)August 27, 2016
- Jose Mourinho confirms Marouane Fellaini has a ‘bad’ back injury (Video)August 27, 2016