Ezequiel Garay’s move from Benfica to Man United is imminent, AC Milan eye Vidic [Record]
- July 8, 2013
Portuguese paper Record claim that Ezequiel Garay’s move from Benfica to Manchester United is imminent, and according to sources the centre-half’s arrival is of concern to club captain Nemanja Vidic.
Record note that Vidic, 31, is approaching the final year of his contract at Old Trafford, and the signing of Ezequiel Garay could see the Serb’s days in Manchester come to a close.
Should Vidic find himself surplus to requirements at the Theatre of Dreams, Record say that AC Milan could pounce for the rock-solid centre-back.
Noticeably, the piece in Record fails to include any quotes or any transfer fees for the alleged moves of either Garay or Vidic.
Fortunately Record have filled in one of those blanks earlier in the summer, as back in June the paper reported that the Red Devils were poised to sign Garay for €20m. According to the rumour mill, Benfica and Manchester United shook hands on a gentleman’s agreement at the beginning of the year.
Garay is widely considered to be one of the best defenders in Portugal, and although the 26-year-old is not the fastest player ever seen, his football brain means the centre-half is rarely caught out of position.
Ezequiel Garay’s individual match highlights against Chelsea from the 2012-13 Europa League final can be seen below.
- Nico Gaitan yearns for Man United as Benfica receive a big offer from the Gulf [Portugu...
- Benfica star Nicolas Gaitan agrees €30million move to Manchester United [A Bola]
- See why Arsenal are intent on signing Joao Virginia from Benfica (Video evidence)
- Benfica fan asks Man United target Nico Gaitan to stay at the club. He replies “w...
- Hero: Luisao stopped the Benfica team bus to give an 11 year old fan his shirt [Instagram]
- Benfica 2 – PSG 3: Goals from Lucas Moura & Lucas Digne sealed the Parisians...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...