- Chelsea flop Fernando Torres explains why he left AC Milan to join Atletico Madrid
- Hilarious! Southampton’s Twitter account offers one Saints fan love advice [Tweets]
- THUNDERBASTARD! Charlee Adams (Lincoln City) nets first career goal in Lincolnshire derby [Video]
- Chelsea fans put to the test: “Would you kiss a beautiful Tottenham fan” [Video]
- “At last back home” – Ex-Chelsea man Fernando Torres tweets about return to Atletico Madrid
Ezequiel Garay’s move from Benfica to Man United is imminent, AC Milan eye Vidic [Record]
Portuguese paper Record claim that Ezequiel Garay’s move from Benfica to Manchester United is imminent, and according to sources the centre-half’s arrival is of concern to club captain Nemanja Vidic.
Record note that Vidic, 31, is approaching the final year of his contract at Old Trafford, and the signing of Ezequiel Garay could see the Serb’s days in Manchester come to a close.
Should Vidic find himself surplus to requirements at the Theatre of Dreams, Record say that AC Milan could pounce for the rock-solid centre-back.
Noticeably, the piece in Record fails to include any quotes or any transfer fees for the alleged moves of either Garay or Vidic.
Fortunately Record have filled in one of those blanks earlier in the summer, as back in June the paper reported that the Red Devils were poised to sign Garay for €20m. According to the rumour mill, Benfica and Manchester United shook hands on a gentleman’s agreement at the beginning of the year.
Garay is widely considered to be one of the best defenders in Portugal, and although the 26-year-old is not the fastest player ever seen, his football brain means the centre-half is rarely caught out of position.
Ezequiel Garay’s individual match highlights against Chelsea from the 2012-13 Europa League final can be seen below.
- Updated: July 8, 2013