Eyesore! Belgian town Tubize renovate Platini statue, turn it into shrine of Chelsea’s Eden Hazard [Pictures]
- June 4, 2014
The quaint Belgian town of Tubize wanted to pay tribute to local lad Eden Hazard, who started out his formative football education at the club, before being signed to French club Lille.
Perhaps without wanting to shell out on an entirely new statue from scratch, they decided to simply renovate the rather bizarre one of Platini they sculpted in 1986, converting it into a Hazard shrine.
Being as generous as possible, it’s a bit of a monstrosity, with ridiculously outsize limbs, and a truly bewildering outstretched pose.
Hazard could not be present for the unveiling; his mother (a former professional footballer herself) attended in his place, and said: ‘Eden was very flattered to hear about this. From 2000 onwards, we would bring him here to Tubize to train 4 times per week, so it’s a lovely homage.’
More pictures below the fold.
(Via So Foot)
- Chelsea Ladies beat Notts County 1-0 to win their 1st ever FA Cup trophy (Official high...
- The BBC uploaded a trolling John Terry tweet during Chelsea Ladies’ FA Cup final ...
- Ex-Chelsea & Man City midfielder Frank Lampard makes his MLS debut (Videos)
- Which club is bigger Arsenal or Chelsea? [AFTV v CFC]
- Chelsea captain John Terry admits it will be strange to play against ‘Big Pete...
- John Terry tips ‘different class’ Radamel Falcao to succeed at Chelsea (Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi