Eye-witness video: How Robin van Persie taught Djourou, Chamakh & Koscielny a new trick on his last game for Arsenal
- August 16, 2012
Staying with Robin van Persie’s last Arsenal outing against Cologne, the BBC’s David Ornstein has reported that the match proved the setting for Arsene Wenger to tell his centre-forward that he had been sold.
According to Ornstein:
It is understood Van Persie was encouraged by the arrivals of Germany forward Lukas Podolski, France striker Olivier Giroud and Spain midfielder Cazorla – to the point where he was open to the idea of staying with or without a new contract. But Wenger pulled him aside shortly before Sunday’s friendly victory over Cologne, told him he would be sold if a deal could be reached and informed the Dutchman he was no longer part of his plans.
Individual highlights of his final Gunners’ match: Robin van Persie (Arsenal) v Cologne
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi