Eye-witness video: How Robin van Persie taught Djourou, Chamakh & Koscielny a new trick on his last game for Arsenal
- August 16, 2012
Staying with Robin van Persie’s last Arsenal outing against Cologne, the BBC’s David Ornstein has reported that the match proved the setting for Arsene Wenger to tell his centre-forward that he had been sold.
According to Ornstein:
It is understood Van Persie was encouraged by the arrivals of Germany forward Lukas Podolski, France striker Olivier Giroud and Spain midfielder Cazorla – to the point where he was open to the idea of staying with or without a new contract. But Wenger pulled him aside shortly before Sunday’s friendly victory over Cologne, told him he would be sold if a deal could be reached and informed the Dutchman he was no longer part of his plans.
Individual highlights of his final Gunners’ match: Robin van Persie (Arsenal) v Cologne
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...