Eye-witness video: How Robin van Persie taught Djourou, Chamakh & Koscielny a new trick on his last game for Arsenal
- August 16, 2012
Staying with Robin van Persie’s last Arsenal outing against Cologne, the BBC’s David Ornstein has reported that the match proved the setting for Arsene Wenger to tell his centre-forward that he had been sold.
According to Ornstein:
It is understood Van Persie was encouraged by the arrivals of Germany forward Lukas Podolski, France striker Olivier Giroud and Spain midfielder Cazorla – to the point where he was open to the idea of staying with or without a new contract. But Wenger pulled him aside shortly before Sunday’s friendly victory over Cologne, told him he would be sold if a deal could be reached and informed the Dutchman he was no longer part of his plans.
Individual highlights of his final Gunners’ match: Robin van Persie (Arsenal) v Cologne
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...