- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
EXCLUSIVE Betting Special: Karim Benzema is 5/1 score ANYTIME against Ecuador [Enhanced Odds]
Not backing Karim Benzema to score against Ecuador seems challenging.
France have been the team of the World Cup so far, and in a frightening statistic to all their opponents, Les Bleus have scored 16 (!) goals in their last three games.
Benzema, the 26-year-old Real Madrid striker who is playing in his first World Cup, is leading the French attack, and with three goals in the competition already he seems a possible winner of the Golden Boot in Brazil.
Without wishing to cast an evil on him, Benzema has been excellent in the World Cup so far.
Not only has he banged the ball into the back of the net, but his all-round contribution has been a major factor in why Didier Deschamps side has been so free scoring in South America.
Two stats to consider.
Firstly, France have only lost one game in their past 11 matches, and secondly Karim Benzema has bagged six goals in his past four France matches.
- Updated: June 25, 2014