EXCLUSIVE Betting Special! Belgium are a whopping 5/2 to beat Russia! [Enhanced odds]
Considering Belgium are 10/11 with most bookies to beat Russia on Sunday, we are sure you will agree that these are pretty spectacular odds!
Besides the fact that Belgium are packed with talent all the way through their squad and came through a tough match against Algeria, winning thanks to two late goals from substitutes, the Red Devils are also a bogey team for Russia at the World Cup.
In 1982 the Soviet Union could only beat Belgium 1-0 when they needed more goals and exited the tournament.
At the 1986 World Cup, Belgium won a classic second round encounter 4-3 in extra time.
Finally, in 2002 Russia were dumped out the World Cup for the third time by Belgium, losing 3-2 in the final group game with current Red Devils boss Marc Wilmots bagging the third with a deflected effort.
When Russia face Belgium at a World Cup, it historically means the flight home is imminent.
It is unlikely to be as clear cut as that at Rio’s famous Maracana on Sunday but don’t be surprised if Belgium leave Fabio Capello’s side floundering.
Romelu Lukaku is expected to continue leading the line whilst Marouane Fellaini and Dries Mertens are pushing for starts after scoring against Algeria. If they do play, expect a much better Belgium side going forward.
Belgium’s only injury doubt is Vincent Kompany, and he is expected to line up for Wilmots’ side and with Kevin De Bruyne and Eden Hazard dictating from deep, this is a tough ask for Russia.
Despite playing well against South Korea, an Igor Akinfeev mistake meant Russia had to chase their opener to eventually draw 1-1.
If there is one coach at the World Cup that can stop talented opposition it may be Fabio Capello so if you fancy the Russians, Winner are also offering massive odds of 9/2 on the next World Cup hosts upsetting the apple cart.
Watch Live Stream
- Amazing: Belgium’s Christian Benteke scores fastest goal in World Cup qualifying history (Video)October 10, 2016
- Belgian brothers quiz: Lukaku’s vs. Hazard’s (Video)October 6, 2016
- Kevin De Bruyne’s injury may trigger a special coming together for the Hazard brothers [HLN]September 26, 2016
- Jordan Lukaku and Belgium outclassed by Spain as new era gets off to dire start [Tweets]September 1, 2016
- Chelsea’s Eden Hazard takes the mick out of Antonio Conte’s touchline antics (Video)October 22, 2016
- Chelsea’s Hazard presents N’Golo Kante with MOTM, explains celebration v Leicester (Video)October 15, 2016
- Eden Hazard is frustrated at Chelsea [Times]October 14, 2016
- Chelsea are open to selling Eden Hazard ahead of Cesc Fabregas [Sun]October 10, 2016
- Zenit fine & demote Aleksandr Kokorin after Russian star spends €250k on champagne (Video)July 5, 2016
- A violent but comedy cartoon depicts the fan violence at Euro 2016 (Video)June 20, 2016
- Russia v Wales: Euro 2016 preview, line-ups & predictionsJune 19, 2016
- Vladimir Putin offers his hilarious thoughts on the Russian hooligans beating up the EnglishJune 17, 2016