EXCLUSIVE Betting Special! Belgium are a whopping 5/2 to beat Russia! [Enhanced odds]
Considering Belgium are 10/11 with most bookies to beat Russia on Sunday, we are sure you will agree that these are pretty spectacular odds!
Besides the fact that Belgium are packed with talent all the way through their squad and came through a tough match against Algeria, winning thanks to two late goals from substitutes, the Red Devils are also a bogey team for Russia at the World Cup.
In 1982 the Soviet Union could only beat Belgium 1-0 when they needed more goals and exited the tournament.
At the 1986 World Cup, Belgium won a classic second round encounter 4-3 in extra time.
Finally, in 2002 Russia were dumped out the World Cup for the third time by Belgium, losing 3-2 in the final group game with current Red Devils boss Marc Wilmots bagging the third with a deflected effort.
When Russia face Belgium at a World Cup, it historically means the flight home is imminent.
It is unlikely to be as clear cut as that at Rio’s famous Maracana on Sunday but don’t be surprised if Belgium leave Fabio Capello’s side floundering.
Romelu Lukaku is expected to continue leading the line whilst Marouane Fellaini and Dries Mertens are pushing for starts after scoring against Algeria. If they do play, expect a much better Belgium side going forward.
Belgium’s only injury doubt is Vincent Kompany, and he is expected to line up for Wilmots’ side and with Kevin De Bruyne and Eden Hazard dictating from deep, this is a tough ask for Russia.
Despite playing well against South Korea, an Igor Akinfeev mistake meant Russia had to chase their opener to eventually draw 1-1.
If there is one coach at the World Cup that can stop talented opposition it may be Fabio Capello so if you fancy the Russians, Winner are also offering massive odds of 9/2 on the next World Cup hosts upsetting the apple cart.
Watch Live Stream
- Marc Wilmots accuses Chelsea’s Courtois of being a mole, reveals Thibaut’s criticisms of Conte (L’Equipe Video)November 22, 2016
- Jan Vertonghen celebrates his 500th game with an heart-warming Instagram postNovember 17, 2016
- Brilliant Belgium mannequin challenge, featuring Chelsea & Spurs stars (video)November 15, 2016
- Everton’s Romelu Lukaku scores twice for Belgium (Video)November 13, 2016
- Revealed: Chelsea paid less for Eden Hazard than first thoughtDecember 6, 2016
- Chelsea’s November Goal of the Month list is seriously impressive (video)December 5, 2016
- Chelsea’s Eden Hazard rounds the Man City keeper, scores into empty net. Right?December 3, 2016
- Chelsea’s Eden Hazard discounts Arsenal, sees the Premier League title as a 3-horse raceNovember 28, 2016
- Russian model Victoria Lopyreva was a big hit at the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup drawNovember 27, 2016
- Zenit fine & demote Aleksandr Kokorin after Russian star spends €250k on champagne (Video)July 5, 2016
- A violent but comedy cartoon depicts the fan violence at Euro 2016 (Video)June 20, 2016
- Russia v Wales: Euro 2016 preview, line-ups & predictionsJune 19, 2016