EXCLUSIVE Betting Special! Belgium are a whopping 5/2 to beat Russia! [Enhanced odds]
Considering Belgium are 10/11 with most bookies to beat Russia on Sunday, we are sure you will agree that these are pretty spectacular odds!
Besides the fact that Belgium are packed with talent all the way through their squad and came through a tough match against Algeria, winning thanks to two late goals from substitutes, the Red Devils are also a bogey team for Russia at the World Cup.
In 1982 the Soviet Union could only beat Belgium 1-0 when they needed more goals and exited the tournament.
At the 1986 World Cup, Belgium won a classic second round encounter 4-3 in extra time.
Finally, in 2002 Russia were dumped out the World Cup for the third time by Belgium, losing 3-2 in the final group game with current Red Devils boss Marc Wilmots bagging the third with a deflected effort.
When Russia face Belgium at a World Cup, it historically means the flight home is imminent.
It is unlikely to be as clear cut as that at Rio’s famous Maracana on Sunday but don’t be surprised if Belgium leave Fabio Capello’s side floundering.
Romelu Lukaku is expected to continue leading the line whilst Marouane Fellaini and Dries Mertens are pushing for starts after scoring against Algeria. If they do play, expect a much better Belgium side going forward.
Belgium’s only injury doubt is Vincent Kompany, and he is expected to line up for Wilmots’ side and with Kevin De Bruyne and Eden Hazard dictating from deep, this is a tough ask for Russia.
Despite playing well against South Korea, an Igor Akinfeev mistake meant Russia had to chase their opener to eventually draw 1-1.
If there is one coach at the World Cup that can stop talented opposition it may be Fabio Capello so if you fancy the Russians, Winner are also offering massive odds of 9/2 on the next World Cup hosts upsetting the apple cart.
Watch Live Stream
- Lukaku & De Bruyne (Golazo) on target as Belgium win 2-1 in Switzerland (Video Highlights)May 28th, 2016
- Hilarious: Chelsea target Romelu Lukaku gets brilliantly pranked in Belgium training (Video)May 26th, 2016
- Tottenham’s Mousa Dembele does a comedy Cristiano Ronaldo impression (Video)May 22nd, 2016
- Belgium calling: Is Vincent Kompany’s absence a blessing for Belgium?May 9th, 2016
- Chelsea star Eden Hazard can’t wait to play Mourinho’s Man United [SSN]May 28th, 2016
- Skills: Chelsea man Eden Hazard savaged his own kid during John Terry’s speech (Video)May 16th, 2016
- Eden Hazard wins Chelsea Goal of the Season for Spurs heartbreaker (Vine)May 14th, 2016
- PSG in contact with agents of Alexis Sanchez & Eden Hazard with eye on double swoop [L’...May 13th, 2016
- England & Wales get a big Euro 2016 boost after Russia’s star player withdraws due to ...May 22nd, 2016
- Highlights of France’s excellent 4-2 win over Russia (Official video)March 30th, 2016
- Incredible fan video of West Ham star Dimitri Payet’s glorious free-kick for FranceMarch 30th, 2016
- Mistake? Russian TV replaces Turkish flag with the Hungarian flag in the Euro 2016 drawDecember 12th, 2015