EXCLUSIVE Betting Special! Belgium are a whopping 5/2 to beat Russia! [Enhanced odds]
- June 21, 2014
Considering Belgium are 10/11 with most bookies to beat Russia on Sunday, we are sure you will agree that these are pretty spectacular odds!
Besides the fact that Belgium are packed with talent all the way through their squad and came through a tough match against Algeria, winning thanks to two late goals from substitutes, the Red Devils are also a bogey team for Russia at the World Cup.
In 1982 the Soviet Union could only beat Belgium 1-0 when they needed more goals and exited the tournament.
At the 1986 World Cup, Belgium won a classic second round encounter 4-3 in extra time.
Finally, in 2002 Russia were dumped out the World Cup for the third time by Belgium, losing 3-2 in the final group game with current Red Devils boss Marc Wilmots bagging the third with a deflected effort.
When Russia face Belgium at a World Cup, it historically means the flight home is imminent.
It is unlikely to be as clear cut as that at Rio’s famous Maracana on Sunday but don’t be surprised if Belgium leave Fabio Capello’s side floundering.
Romelu Lukaku is expected to continue leading the line whilst Marouane Fellaini and Dries Mertens are pushing for starts after scoring against Algeria. If they do play, expect a much better Belgium side going forward.
Belgium’s only injury doubt is Vincent Kompany, and he is expected to line up for Wilmots’ side and with Kevin De Bruyne and Eden Hazard dictating from deep, this is a tough ask for Russia.
Despite playing well against South Korea, an Igor Akinfeev mistake meant Russia had to chase their opener to eventually draw 1-1.
If there is one coach at the World Cup that can stop talented opposition it may be Fabio Capello so if you fancy the Russians, Winner are also offering massive odds of 9/2 on the next World Cup hosts upsetting the apple cart.
- Thibaut Courtois praises Wales and Gareth Bale after Belgium’s defeat [Video]
- Wales v Belgium: The big match preview for the Euro 2016 qualifier [Video]
- Belgium paper Sportwereld had an eye-catching picture of Man United’s Marouane Fe...
- Outrageous Acca: Back Belgium, Italy & Holland to win at enormous 28/1 odds!!!
- Belgium release brilliant fan footage of game v France [Video]
- Marouane Fellaini steals the show as Belgium beat France in a 4-3 thriller [Official Hi...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi