Excellent scenes & brilliant commentary as San Jose score on 92 & 93 to beat LA Galaxy 3-2
- June 30, 2013
Saturday night was a great advert for the MLS with little high level football played anywhere else on the planet and some excellent games in America’s top division.
Colorado Rapids’ 4-3 win at Montreal Impact looked like being the game of the day until San Jose Earthquakes pulled off one of the finest comebacks you are ever likely to see.
It may only have been the “Cali Clasico” but there were similarities to Manchester United’s famous 1999 Champions League win when the Red Devils scored two goals in injury time to beat Bayern Munich at the Nou Camp.
LA Galaxy were cruising at 2-0 on 64 and despite Alan Gordon pulling a goal back three minutes later, San Jose then lost Victor Bernardez to a red card for two yellow cards to leave the MLS champions with a man advantage.
However, in injury time San Jose sent over 50,000 supporters in the Stanford Stadium into delirium. In truth, former Chelsea and Spurs keeper Carlo Cudicini failed to cover himself in glory for the opener, but the home fans couldn’t have cared any less.
Shea Salinas powered in the equaliser on 92 and Alan Gordon headed in the second at the back post versus his former club to secure an unlikely and incredible victory.
Sometimes MLS commentary isn’t the best. For San Jose’s victory over LA Galaxy it is spot on. We join the action with LA 2-1 up and on the attack in the 88th minute…
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...