Ex-Spurs man Jermain Defoe fights with Gilberto over free-kick, eats humble pie after Toronto striker scores golazo!
- June 28, 2014
There were shades of Di Canio/Lampard in the MLS last night, as Toronto’s Jermain Defoe and Gilberto fought over who should take a close-range free-kick against the New York Red Bulls, like a pair of outsize babies.
The Brazilian striker won the argument, much to the chagrin of ex-Spurs man Defoe, who looked about ready to knock his striker partner’s block off (since when does Defoe take free-kicks?!)
And after the resulting free-kick, Defoe was left eating humble pie, as Gilberto scored a tomahawk rocket golazo, his first in the MLS!
Gilberto’s shot took off like a rocket, and the keeper had no chance as it fired in under his crossbar.
It was all happy families afterwards, as Defoe showed himself to be a good teammate, running to congratulate Gilberto, as the pair laughed about their earlier bickering.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...