Ex-Spurs man Jermain Defoe fights with Gilberto over free-kick, eats humble pie after Toronto striker scores golazo!
- June 28, 2014
There were shades of Di Canio/Lampard in the MLS last night, as Toronto’s Jermain Defoe and Gilberto fought over who should take a close-range free-kick against the New York Red Bulls, like a pair of outsize babies.
The Brazilian striker won the argument, much to the chagrin of ex-Spurs man Defoe, who looked about ready to knock his striker partner’s block off (since when does Defoe take free-kicks?!)
And after the resulting free-kick, Defoe was left eating humble pie, as Gilberto scored a tomahawk rocket golazo, his first in the MLS!
Gilberto’s shot took off like a rocket, and the keeper had no chance as it fired in under his crossbar.
It was all happy families afterwards, as Defoe showed himself to be a good teammate, running to congratulate Gilberto, as the pair laughed about their earlier bickering.
- Jermain Defoe confident Sunderland will beat Arsenal [Video]
- Jermain Defoe stopped his Range Rover to play street footy with Harry Kane when he was ...
- Sunderland striker Jermain Defoe gets hostile reception at Newcastle WWE event [Vine]
- Derby hero Jermain Defoe takes on the Sunderland tennis ball keepy up challenge [Video]
- Cartoon highlights of Sunderland’s win v Newcastle courtesy of Jermain Defoe̵...
- Jermain Defoe does exceptionally well in Sunderland’s tennis ball keppy up challe...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi