Ex-Spurs man Jermain Defoe fights with Gilberto over free-kick, eats humble pie after Toronto striker scores golazo!
- June 28, 2014
There were shades of Di Canio/Lampard in the MLS last night, as Toronto’s Jermain Defoe and Gilberto fought over who should take a close-range free-kick against the New York Red Bulls, like a pair of outsize babies.
The Brazilian striker won the argument, much to the chagrin of ex-Spurs man Defoe, who looked about ready to knock his striker partner’s block off (since when does Defoe take free-kicks?!)
And after the resulting free-kick, Defoe was left eating humble pie, as Gilberto scored a tomahawk rocket golazo, his first in the MLS!
Gilberto’s shot took off like a rocket, and the keeper had no chance as it fired in under his crossbar.
It was all happy families afterwards, as Defoe showed himself to be a good teammate, running to congratulate Gilberto, as the pair laughed about their earlier bickering.
- Sunderland 6 – Exeter 3: Jermain Defoe hat-trick gives Black Cats some joy (Highl...
- Ultimate Assistant: Jermain Defoe Needs ‘3 or 4′ PAs, not 1 (video)
- Sensational: Sunderland’s Jermain Defoe puts out an outrageous ad for a 24/7 pers...
- Jermain Defoe confident Sunderland will beat Arsenal [Video]
- Jermain Defoe stopped his Range Rover to play street footy with Harry Kane when he was ...
- Sunderland striker Jermain Defoe gets hostile reception at Newcastle WWE event [Vine]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...