Ex-Rangers player Vladimír Weiss compares Celtic’s 1-6 Champions League defeat to ‘rape’ [Tweet]
- August 8, 2014
Celtic’s embarassing Champions League qualifying exit, losing 1-6 on aggregate to Legia Warsaw, has caused no small amount of schadenfreude on the blue side of Glasgow, with Rangers fans lapping up the Hoops woes.
And with Celtic now reinstated to the competition by UEFA after the Polish side fielded an ineligible player, the news hasn’t gone down well amongst Rangers fans.
One former Rangers player even took to Twitter to express his outrage, pointing to the lopsided scoreline as evidence that the ineligible player wasn’t a decisive factor.
Slovakian international Vladimir Weiss, who spent 2010-11 on loan at Ibrox from Manchester City, tweeted:
Un fuckin believable.. Got raped 6:1!!! Should never be allowed to play champions league after that.. Embarrassing #fuckceltic #watp
And as for the #FuckCeltic hashtag, not the most responsible behaviour from a professional footballer, bearing in mind the relations between the two clubs.
— Vladimir Weiss (@VladiW7) August 8, 2014
- Celtic are trying to sign Real Madrid teenager Martin Ødegaard on loan for the 2015-16 ...
- Celtic & Barcelona legend Henrik Larsson has still got it [video]
- Celtic’s John Guidetti in trouble for singing ‘offensive’ anti-Ranger...
- Leaked: Brand new pictures of the 2014-15 New Balance Celtic home kit
- Mackay-Steven & van Dijk scored cracking goals for Celtic at Dundee [videos]
- Celtic’s Leigh Griffiths caught stuffing his face with a tea cake on bench during...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi