Ex-Rangers player Vladimír Weiss compares Celtic’s 1-6 Champions League defeat to ‘rape’ [Tweet]
Celtic’s embarassing Champions League qualifying exit, losing 1-6 on aggregate to Legia Warsaw, has caused no small amount of schadenfreude on the blue side of Glasgow, with Rangers fans lapping up the Hoops woes.
And with Celtic now reinstated to the competition by UEFA after the Polish side fielded an ineligible player, the news hasn’t gone down well amongst Rangers fans.
One former Rangers player even took to Twitter to express his outrage, pointing to the lopsided scoreline as evidence that the ineligible player wasn’t a decisive factor.
Slovakian international Vladimir Weiss, who spent 2010-11 on loan at Ibrox from Manchester City, tweeted:
Un fuckin believable.. Got raped 6:1!!! Should never be allowed to play champions league after that.. Embarrassing #fuckceltic #watp
And as for the #FuckCeltic hashtag, not the most responsible behaviour from a professional footballer, bearing in mind the relations between the two clubs.
— Vladimir Weiss (@VladiW7) August 8, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Brendan Rodgers says Celtic were ‘top class’ against Man City (Video)September 28, 2016
- Pep Guardiola was happy with Man City’s response v Celtic (Video)September 28, 2016
- Best Tweets as Celtic and Manchester City produce epic 3-3 in Champions LeagueSeptember 28, 2016
- Moussa Dembele stuns Manchester City with opening goal (Video)September 28, 2016
- Scottish FA investigating claims that Joey Barton bet on Barcelona to thrash CelticSeptember 20, 2016
- “Deeply unpopular” Joey Barton will never play for Rangers again (BBC Audio)September 20, 2016
- Joey Barton’s situation at Rangers goes from bad to worse with increased suspensionSeptember 19, 2016
- Aberdeen v Rangers: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-09-25September 19, 2016