Ex-Rangers player Vladimír Weiss compares Celtic’s 1-6 Champions League defeat to ‘rape’ [Tweet]
- August 8, 2014
Celtic’s embarassing Champions League qualifying exit, losing 1-6 on aggregate to Legia Warsaw, has caused no small amount of schadenfreude on the blue side of Glasgow, with Rangers fans lapping up the Hoops woes.
And with Celtic now reinstated to the competition by UEFA after the Polish side fielded an ineligible player, the news hasn’t gone down well amongst Rangers fans.
One former Rangers player even took to Twitter to express his outrage, pointing to the lopsided scoreline as evidence that the ineligible player wasn’t a decisive factor.
Slovakian international Vladimir Weiss, who spent 2010-11 on loan at Ibrox from Manchester City, tweeted:
Un fuckin believable.. Got raped 6:1!!! Should never be allowed to play champions league after that.. Embarrassing #fuckceltic #watp
And as for the #FuckCeltic hashtag, not the most responsible behaviour from a professional footballer, bearing in mind the relations between the two clubs.
— Vladimir Weiss (@VladiW7) August 8, 2014
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...