Ex-Rangers player Vladimír Weiss compares Celtic’s 1-6 Champions League defeat to ‘rape’ [Tweet]
Celtic’s embarassing Champions League qualifying exit, losing 1-6 on aggregate to Legia Warsaw, has caused no small amount of schadenfreude on the blue side of Glasgow, with Rangers fans lapping up the Hoops woes.
And with Celtic now reinstated to the competition by UEFA after the Polish side fielded an ineligible player, the news hasn’t gone down well amongst Rangers fans.
One former Rangers player even took to Twitter to express his outrage, pointing to the lopsided scoreline as evidence that the ineligible player wasn’t a decisive factor.
Slovakian international Vladimir Weiss, who spent 2010-11 on loan at Ibrox from Manchester City, tweeted:
Un fuckin believable.. Got raped 6:1!!! Should never be allowed to play champions league after that.. Embarrassing #fuckceltic #watp
And as for the #FuckCeltic hashtag, not the most responsible behaviour from a professional footballer, bearing in mind the relations between the two clubs.
— Vladimir Weiss (@VladiW7) August 8, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Man City v Celtic: Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 6, 2016
- Celtic legend Bertie Auld celebrated the League Cup win like a complete boss (Video)November 28, 2016
- Aberdeen v Celtic: Watch a Live Stream of the Scottish League Cup finalNovember 27, 2016
- Luis Suarez pranks Neymar again pre Celtic 0 – Barcelona 2 (video)November 24, 2016
- Joey Barton signed off with stress; Close to agreeing Rangers pay-off [Best Tweets]November 8, 2016
- Joey Barton trolls Neymar during Man City v Barcelona; The response was vicious [Tweets]November 2, 2016
- Rangers legend Fernando Ricksen was Cristiano Ronaldo’s special guest for Real Madrid v Legia WarsawOctober 19, 2016
- Joey Barton’s Rangers career is over, not expected back at Ibrox club [BBC]October 15, 2016