Ex-Rangers player Vladimír Weiss compares Celtic’s 1-6 Champions League defeat to ‘rape’ [Tweet]
Celtic’s embarassing Champions League qualifying exit, losing 1-6 on aggregate to Legia Warsaw, has caused no small amount of schadenfreude on the blue side of Glasgow, with Rangers fans lapping up the Hoops woes.
And with Celtic now reinstated to the competition by UEFA after the Polish side fielded an ineligible player, the news hasn’t gone down well amongst Rangers fans.
One former Rangers player even took to Twitter to express his outrage, pointing to the lopsided scoreline as evidence that the ineligible player wasn’t a decisive factor.
Slovakian international Vladimir Weiss, who spent 2010-11 on loan at Ibrox from Manchester City, tweeted:
Un fuckin believable.. Got raped 6:1!!! Should never be allowed to play champions league after that.. Embarrassing #fuckceltic #watp
And as for the #FuckCeltic hashtag, not the most responsible behaviour from a professional footballer, bearing in mind the relations between the two clubs.
— Vladimir Weiss (@VladiW7) August 8, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Kolo Toure takes blame for Celtic’s 2-0 defeat to Borussia Monchengladbach (Video)October 19, 2016
- Awesome: Man City’s Patrick Roberts recreates Lionel Messi’s best UCL goals (Video)October 19, 2016
- 5-year-old Celtic fan rings club to apologise for missing game due to friend’s birthday partyOctober 19, 2016
- Gladbach confirm they are missing big stars v CelticOctober 18, 2016
- Rangers legend Fernando Ricksen was Cristiano Ronaldo’s special guest for Real Madrid v Legia WarsawOctober 19, 2016
- Joey Barton’s Rangers career is over, not expected back at Ibrox club [BBC]October 15, 2016
- Celtic & Rangers in talks with Dutch, Belgium & Scandinavian clubs about forming a new league [BT]October 13, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo & Jorge Mendes reach out to Rangers legend Fernando Ricksen (Video)October 8, 2016