Ex-Rangers player Vladimír Weiss compares Celtic’s 1-6 Champions League defeat to ‘rape’ [Tweet]
Celtic’s embarassing Champions League qualifying exit, losing 1-6 on aggregate to Legia Warsaw, has caused no small amount of schadenfreude on the blue side of Glasgow, with Rangers fans lapping up the Hoops woes.
And with Celtic now reinstated to the competition by UEFA after the Polish side fielded an ineligible player, the news hasn’t gone down well amongst Rangers fans.
One former Rangers player even took to Twitter to express his outrage, pointing to the lopsided scoreline as evidence that the ineligible player wasn’t a decisive factor.
Slovakian international Vladimir Weiss, who spent 2010-11 on loan at Ibrox from Manchester City, tweeted:
Un fuckin believable.. Got raped 6:1!!! Should never be allowed to play champions league after that.. Embarrassing #fuckceltic #watp
And as for the #FuckCeltic hashtag, not the most responsible behaviour from a professional footballer, bearing in mind the relations between the two clubs.
— Vladimir Weiss (@VladiW7) August 8, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- New Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers: I turned down PL to manage one of biggest clubs in world (Video)May 23rd, 2016
- Celtic appoint ex-Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers as their new managerMay 20th, 2016
- Arsenal line up a £10m bid for Celtic left-back Kieran Tierney [Daily Record]May 17th, 2016
- Born in 2000, Celtic’s Jack Aitchison (16) scores with first touch v Motherwell (Video ...May 15th, 2016
- Done Deal: Former Burnley midfielder Joey Barton joins Rangers (Official Video)May 24th, 2016
- Done Deal: Joey Barton confirms he’s leaving Burnley for RangersMay 23rd, 2016
- Hibs taunt Rangers fans and players in pitch invasion after Scottish Cup final (Videos)May 21st, 2016
- Burnley’s Joey Barton at Rangers training ground after receiving offer from Old Firm club [...May 14th, 2016