Ex-QPR man Yossi Benayoun says Joey Barton “will stay stupid all your life” for anti-Israel tweet
A war of words has broken out on Twitter early on Friday morning between former QPR teammates Joey Barton and Yossi Benayoun.
Barton woke up on Friday morning to tweet out his thoughts on the current war between Israel and Hamas.
Barton wrote on the social network:
If this was anybody else but Israel the West would intervene. It cannot continue. Innocent children being slaughtered. This must stop.
Benayoun, the former Israeli national captain, almost immediately hit back at his ex-QPR teammate, writing:
@Joey7Barton mate things can never changed you have been stupid and you will stay stupid all your life… embarrassing.
It’s worth noting that Yossi Benayoun now plays for Maccabi Haifa, who were this week attacked on the pitch by a group of pro-Palestinians who deplorably ran onto the pitch during the Greens pre-season friendly with Lille.
Watch Live Stream
- Joey Barton takes aim at Sam Allardyce, claims he would be a better England boss [Quotes]September 20, 2016
- Scottish FA investigating claims that Joey Barton bet on Barcelona to thrash CelticSeptember 20, 2016
- “Deeply unpopular” Joey Barton will never play for Rangers again (BBC Audio)September 20, 2016
- Joey Barton’s situation at Rangers goes from bad to worse with increased suspensionSeptember 19, 2016
- Man United old boy Paddy McNair lifts Sunderland to victory in the EFL Cup (Official Video)September 22, 2016
- Newcastle thrash QPR 6-0, Jonjo Shelvey with the pick of the goals (Official Video)September 14, 2016
- The Sun hilariously put QPR’s Sebastian Polter in their Championship team of the weekSeptember 12, 2016
- QPR v Leeds: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-08-07August 1, 2016