Ex-QPR man Yossi Benayoun says Joey Barton “will stay stupid all your life” for anti-Israel tweet
A war of words has broken out on Twitter early on Friday morning between former QPR teammates Joey Barton and Yossi Benayoun.
Barton woke up on Friday morning to tweet out his thoughts on the current war between Israel and Hamas.
Barton wrote on the social network:
If this was anybody else but Israel the West would intervene. It cannot continue. Innocent children being slaughtered. This must stop.
Benayoun, the former Israeli national captain, almost immediately hit back at his ex-QPR teammate, writing:
@Joey7Barton mate things can never changed you have been stupid and you will stay stupid all your life… embarrassing.
It’s worth noting that Yossi Benayoun now plays for Maccabi Haifa, who were this week attacked on the pitch by a group of pro-Palestinians who deplorably ran onto the pitch during the Greens pre-season friendly with Lille.
Watch Live Stream
- Joey Barton not a fan of Gareth Southgate despite 3-0 win v Scotland [Tweet]November 11, 2016
- Joey Barton signed off with stress; Close to agreeing Rangers pay-off [Best Tweets]November 8, 2016
- Joey Barton trolls Neymar during Man City v Barcelona; The response was vicious [Tweets]November 2, 2016
- Joey Barton’s Rangers career is over, not expected back at Ibrox club [BBC]October 15, 2016
- QPR v Wolves: Watch a live stream of the Championship matchDecember 1, 2016
- Ian Holloway defends Jose Mourinho, wants to ‘get his little face smiling’ (Video)November 29, 2016
- Undercover Telegraph footage of QPR manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink (Video)September 29, 2016
- Man United old boy Paddy McNair lifts Sunderland to victory in the EFL Cup (Official Video)September 22, 2016