Ex-Man United defender Rio Ferdinand agrees to join QPR, reuniting with Harry Redknapp [Mail]
- June 23, 2014
Rio Ferdinand has struck a deal while out in Brazil on punditry duty.
The defender, who left Manchester United at the end of last season with his contract expired, has decided to join newly promoted club QPR, which will see him reunited with Harry Redknapp, The Mail report.
Ferdinand came up under the guidance of Redknapp at West Ham, along with fellow members of the ‘Golden Generation, Frank Lampard, Michael Carrick and Joe Cole, before Rio moved to Leeds in the first step of his hugely successful career.
The Mail say a big pull factor for Ferdinand was the chance to play under Redknapp once again, who has convinced him that the Loftus Road club are going places, and ready to consolidate in the Premier League.
- Harry Redknapp told a story about Paulo Di Canio ratting out a West Ham teammate for ...
- Harry Redknapp blasts “disappointing” Tottenham progress since his 2012 dep...
- Ex West Ham & Spurs boss Harry Redknapp joins Twitter; Banters about Frank Lampard...
- Harry Redknapp turns Michael Owen off management in brilliant spoof video
- Former boss Harry Redknapp claims relegated QPR are a Championship team [Audio]
- Harry Redknapp explains why he wishes he could have managed Liverpool [Video]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...