Ex-Man United defender Rio Ferdinand agrees to join QPR, reuniting with Harry Redknapp [Mail]
Rio Ferdinand has struck a deal while out in Brazil on punditry duty.
The defender, who left Manchester United at the end of last season with his contract expired, has decided to join newly promoted club QPR, which will see him reunited with Harry Redknapp, The Mail report.
Ferdinand came up under the guidance of Redknapp at West Ham, along with fellow members of the ‘Golden Generation, Frank Lampard, Michael Carrick and Joe Cole, before Rio moved to Leeds in the first step of his hugely successful career.
The Mail say a big pull factor for Ferdinand was the chance to play under Redknapp once again, who has convinced him that the Loftus Road club are going places, and ready to consolidate in the Premier League.
Watch Live Stream
- Ledley King tells story of Harry Redknapp convincing him to play for Spurs injured (Video)November 17, 2016
- Harry Redknapp’s brilliant story about Portsmouth against Man UnitedNovember 11, 2016
- Harry Redknapp prefers Jurgen Klopp over Gareth Southgate for England job [Daily Mail]November 10, 2016
- Ex West Ham & Spurs boss Harry Redknapp leaves his wife bleeding after a terrible car accident [Sun]October 20, 2016
- So long, Memphis? Koeman talks about buying in January before UEL omissionDecember 8, 2016
- Manchester United fans delighted to see Eric Bailly back in the side for Zorya Luhansk tie [Tweets]December 8, 2016
- Zorya vs Man United [Team Sheets]December 8, 2016
- It will be cold: Zlatan Ibrahimovic previews Zorya v Man UnitedDecember 8, 2016
- QPR v Wolves: Watch a live stream of the Championship matchDecember 1, 2016
- Ian Holloway defends Jose Mourinho, wants to ‘get his little face smiling’ (Video)November 29, 2016
- Undercover Telegraph footage of QPR manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink (Video)September 29, 2016
- Man United old boy Paddy McNair lifts Sunderland to victory in the EFL Cup (Official Video)September 22, 2016