Ex-Man United defender Rio Ferdinand agrees to join QPR, reuniting with Harry Redknapp [Mail]
- June 23, 2014
Rio Ferdinand has struck a deal while out in Brazil on punditry duty.
The defender, who left Manchester United at the end of last season with his contract expired, has decided to join newly promoted club QPR, which will see him reunited with Harry Redknapp, The Mail report.
Ferdinand came up under the guidance of Redknapp at West Ham, along with fellow members of the ‘Golden Generation, Frank Lampard, Michael Carrick and Joe Cole, before Rio moved to Leeds in the first step of his hugely successful career.
The Mail say a big pull factor for Ferdinand was the chance to play under Redknapp once again, who has convinced him that the Loftus Road club are going places, and ready to consolidate in the Premier League.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]