Ex-Man United man Diego Forlan scores a 40-yard lob on his Cerezo Osaka debut v Okayama [Vine]
- February 16, 2014
Now 34-years-old Diego Forlan is no longer a spring chicken, however the Uruguayan centre-forward proved he still has plenty of power in his boots scoring a sensational goal on Saturday for his new Japanese employers.
Forlan, who played for Manchester United from 2001-2004, last week joined Japan’s Cerezo Osaka in what may well be the striker’s final club before he hangs up his boots.
Osaka has declined to reveal the financial terms of the deal, but Japanese media reported it was $5.8m for the 2014 season which would be a record transfer for a club in the J-League.
Moreover, Forlan has expressed his thoughts on how important the move is for his preparation for Brazil 2014, saying:
The level of football here is very high from both a technical and physical standpoint so if anything, I think this will be good preparation for the World Cup.
On Saturday, Forlan got his first run out for Osaka in a friendly match against Okayama, and the former Manchester United man scored a screamer as he hit a 40-yard half-volley which soared over the keeper and into the net.
Enjoy Diego Forlan’s debut goal for Cerezo Osaka below.
- DF10: Ex Man United striker Diego Forlan releases movie trailer ft. Sir Alex Ferguson (...
- Golazo: Diego Forlan scores on Peñarol debut (Video)
- Diego Forlan signs for Uruguayan giants Peñarol [Video]
- Uruguayan legend Diego Forlan scores classy free kick in Japanese second tier [Video]
- Ex Man United man Diego Forlan nets hat-trick in Japan including 40 yard free kick [Video]
- Diego Forlan scores a brace a Cerezo Osaka rescue a 4-4 draw v JEF United [Videos]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...