Ex-Liverpool player Krisztián Nemeth gets a 5-game ban in Holland for ruffing up the ref [Video]
- January 22, 2014
It’s interesting what gets footballers a 5-game ban these days.
At the same time as Nicolas Anelka faces a minimum 5-game ban for charges of anti-Semitism, over in Holland a former Liverpool player received the punishment after losing his cool in the Dutch Cup.
AZ Alkmaar won 2-0 at Roda on Tuesday night in the KNVB Beker, and the hosts lost striker Krisztián Nemeth in the 57th minute to seal their own fate in the competition.
Nemeth, who was on Liverpool’s books from 2009-2010, collected his marching orders after the referee didn’t buy his claims for a penalty. After seeing the ref refuse to give him the decision, the 25-year-old Hungarian international lost the plot, which induced the red card and some far-too-close contact between the forward and the official.
Despite apologising after the game for his bad behaviour, Nemeth has now been slapped with a 5-game ban.
See the former Liverpool striker lose it in the Dutch Cup below.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...