Djimi Traore (ex-Liverpool) scored an off-the-bar screamer as Seattle Sounders made CONCACAF history
- March 13, 2013
Djimi Traore doesn’t score. Pretty much ever. Until last night.
Now 33-years-old, the former Liverpool, Leeds, Charlton and Portsmouth defender recently signed up for MLS outfit the Seattle Sounders, and on Tuesday night in the CONCACAF Champions League Djimi Traore was on hand to make MLS history.
The Seattle Sounders became the first American team to beat a Mexican club since the launch of the CONCACAF Champions League, as the Americans claimed a 3-2 aggregate win. Seattle are now in the semi-finals.
Djimi Traore’s contribution was superb.
With the scores level 1-1 as the hour mark approached, Djimi Traore laced a shot from fully 30-yards which rocketed off the underside of the bar and into the net. It was a brilliant hit.
Watch ex-Liverpool defender Djimi Traore’s absolute stunner below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...