Ex-Chelsea man Salomon Kalou reveals he turned down a loan move to Arsenal in January [L’Equipe]
French newspaper L’Equipe scored an interview with Lille forward Salomon Kalou this weekend in which the former Chelsea man revealed he turned down a move to Arsenal in January.
Kalou told L’Equipe:
A possible departure (in January)? Yes, to Arsenal. It could have been done as a last minute loan. But I want to finish third, prepare for the World Cup Stadium and go to the Stade de France to compete in the final of the Coupe de France.
The news that Kalou could have played for the Gunners came out on the same day that the Lille forward announced he is leaving his current employers at the end of the season. Kalou continued in L’Equipe saying “I think so, yes (it is my last season Lille)”.
The rumours are that Kalou is angling for a move to PSG or Monaco in the summer.
Since arriving in France from Chelsea in 2012, the Ivorian international has scored 24 league goals in 57 appearances for Lille.
- Arsenal’s Petr Cech reveals all about his upbringing & home country (video)
- Mesut Ozil: Arsenal can beat Bayern & also win the Premier League this season [BILD]
- Dinamo Zagreb’s Arijan Ademi failed a drugs test after the Arsenal Champions Leag...
- Man United old-boy Robin van Persie filmed in the laziest warm up ever for Fenerbahce (...
- Gary Cahill faces off against Tubes in tennis ball keepy-uppy challenge (Video)
- Chelsea striker Radamel Falcao confident that he & Jose Mourinho will turn things ...
- Johan Cruyff thinks Jose Mourinho is a bad role model for children (Quotes)
- Liverpool owners approach Jurgen Klopp & still expect to challenge for title this ...