Ex-Chelsea man Salomon Kalou reveals he turned down a loan move to Arsenal in January [L’Equipe]
- March 23, 2014
French newspaper L’Equipe scored an interview with Lille forward Salomon Kalou this weekend in which the former Chelsea man revealed he turned down a move to Arsenal in January.
Kalou told L’Equipe:
A possible departure (in January)? Yes, to Arsenal. It could have been done as a last minute loan. But I want to finish third, prepare for the World Cup Stadium and go to the Stade de France to compete in the final of the Coupe de France.
The news that Kalou could have played for the Gunners came out on the same day that the Lille forward announced he is leaving his current employers at the end of the season. Kalou continued in L’Equipe saying “I think so, yes (it is my last season Lille)”.
The rumours are that Kalou is angling for a move to PSG or Monaco in the summer.
Since arriving in France from Chelsea in 2012, the Ivorian international has scored 24 league goals in 57 appearances for Lille.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]