- Jose Mourinho urges Manchester City not to sack old foe Pellegrini [Sun]
- Jose Mourinho has an interesting theory to explain why Chelsea receive so much online hate [Video]
- 50% of Real Madrid fans want Gareth Bale to fill in for Marcelo at left-back [MARCA poll]
- David Luiz take note: Marcelo brilliantly blocks a nutmeg at Real Madrid training [Video]
- Christian Benteke gives a very ‘good’ pre-Liverpool interview…[Video]
Ex-Chelsea man Salomon Kalou reveals he turned down a loan move to Arsenal in January [L’Equipe]
- March 23, 2014
French newspaper L’Equipe scored an interview with Lille forward Salomon Kalou this weekend in which the former Chelsea man revealed he turned down a move to Arsenal in January.
Kalou told L’Equipe:
A possible departure (in January)? Yes, to Arsenal. It could have been done as a last minute loan. But I want to finish third, prepare for the World Cup Stadium and go to the Stade de France to compete in the final of the Coupe de France.
The news that Kalou could have played for the Gunners came out on the same day that the Lille forward announced he is leaving his current employers at the end of the season. Kalou continued in L’Equipe saying “I think so, yes (it is my last season Lille)”.
The rumours are that Kalou is angling for a move to PSG or Monaco in the summer.
Since arriving in France from Chelsea in 2012, the Ivorian international has scored 24 league goals in 57 appearances for Lille.