- EPIC FAIL! ISL keeper David James got caught in the net whilst trying to kick post in anger [Video]
- Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal & Man City all have men in FIFPro World XI best midfielders list
- Real Madrid pitch invader at Basel celebrates his illegal behaviour on Facebook [Pictures]
- Juventus boss Massimo Allegri has a colourful outburst on the touchline v Malmo [Fan Cam]
- Cute! Angel Di Maria’s wife & daughter post Instagram pic showing their Man United love
Ex-Chelsea man Salomon Kalou reveals he turned down a loan move to Arsenal in January [L'Equipe]
French newspaper L’Equipe scored an interview with Lille forward Salomon Kalou this weekend in which the former Chelsea man revealed he turned down a move to Arsenal in January.
Kalou told L’Equipe:
A possible departure (in January)? Yes, to Arsenal. It could have been done as a last minute loan. But I want to finish third, prepare for the World Cup Stadium and go to the Stade de France to compete in the final of the Coupe de France.
The news that Kalou could have played for the Gunners came out on the same day that the Lille forward announced he is leaving his current employers at the end of the season. Kalou continued in L’Equipe saying “I think so, yes (it is my last season Lille)”.
The rumours are that Kalou is angling for a move to PSG or Monaco in the summer.
Since arriving in France from Chelsea in 2012, the Ivorian international has scored 24 league goals in 57 appearances for Lille.
- Updated: March 23, 2014