Ex-Chelsea man Florent Malouda bags a golazo winner on his Turkish debut
- August 27, 2013
33-year-old Florent Malouda is not done with football yet.
Having been Jose Mourinho’s first signing in the Special One’s first spell at Chelsea, Malouda’s exit from Stamford Bridge this summer came after the Frenchman was made into a virtual leper in West London.
The general narrative spun around Malouda’s final 12 months at Chelsea was that the Frenchman, receiving high wages, refused to leave the Pensioners before his contract was up in an effort to milk as much money out of the club as possible. Accordingly, Malouda was earning top-notch wages at the same time as he was banished to train with the Stamford Bridge reserves.
Once his contract ended at Chelsea, Malouda joined Turkish outfit Trabzonspor on a Bosman with his new employers agreeing to pay the midfielder €2.5 million a season. On Monday night Malouda showed why those high wages could be justified.
Playing against Rizespor in his first match for Trabzonspor, Malouda smashed a left-footed belter into the top corner early in the second half. The goal proved to be the winner in a 2-1 home win.
Watch Florent Malouda bag a golazo winner on his Turkish debut below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...