Ex-Chelsea boss Guus Hiddink agrees to become Holland manager, ex-Man United man RVN to be his assistant
- March 25, 2014
News broke out from the Dutch FA overnight on Monday that former Chelsea manager Guus Hiddink will replace Louis van Gaal after the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
Hiddink, who managed Chelsea in 2009, has agreed a two-year deal with the Dutch football federation, and he will be joined by former Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy as one of his assistants.
Also joining the former Chelsea and Man United men in the revamped Dutch management staff is Ajax legend Danny Blind.
According to the rumour mill, Blind, rather than van Nistelrooy, is being talked up as the long-term future Dutch manager after the 2016 European Championship in France.
The Dutch are drawn against the Czech Republic, Turkey, Latvia, Iceland and Kazakhstan in Euor 2016 qualification.
- Leicester City make audacious move for former Holland Manager Guus Hiddink [Independent]
- Holland boss Danny Blind reveals he turned down offer to join Louis van Gaal at Man United
- Backheel + dummy golazo: Japan women score fabulous team goal v Holland [Vine]
- PSV’s Jetro Willems scores incredible backheel penalty in Holland training [Video]
- Outrageous Acca: Back Belgium, Italy & Holland to win at enormous 28/1 odds!!!
- USA fans get super carried away following wins over Germany & Holland [Best Tweets]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi