Ex-Chelsea boss Guus Hiddink agrees to become Holland manager, ex-Man United man RVN to be his assistant
- March 25, 2014
News broke out from the Dutch FA overnight on Monday that former Chelsea manager Guus Hiddink will replace Louis van Gaal after the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
Hiddink, who managed Chelsea in 2009, has agreed a two-year deal with the Dutch football federation, and he will be joined by former Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy as one of his assistants.
Also joining the former Chelsea and Man United men in the revamped Dutch management staff is Ajax legend Danny Blind.
According to the rumour mill, Blind, rather than van Nistelrooy, is being talked up as the long-term future Dutch manager after the 2016 European Championship in France.
The Dutch are drawn against the Czech Republic, Turkey, Latvia, Iceland and Kazakhstan in Euor 2016 qualification.
- Robin van Persie loses Dutch captaincy, Arjen Robben takes over the Oranje armband
- Dutch FA troll relentless Mexican fan after Robben’s dive inspired a year of tweets
- Leicester City make audacious move for former Holland Manager Guus Hiddink [Independent]
- Holland boss Danny Blind reveals he turned down offer to join Louis van Gaal at Man United
- Backheel + dummy golazo: Japan women score fabulous team goal v Holland [Vine]
- PSV’s Jetro Willems scores incredible backheel penalty in Holland training [Video]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...