Ex-Arsenal keeper Almunia concedes a freak goal for Watford v Leicester after smacking the ball at Chris Wood’s face
- November 2, 2013
Good to see Manuel Almunia is back to his best. It's been too long.
— Anton Stanley (@antonstanley) November 2, 2013
Former Arsenal keeper Manuel Almunia conceded a bizarre goal in Watford’s 3-0 home defeat to Leicester.
10 minutes into the lunchtime kick-off in the Championship on Saturday at Vicarage Road, the ball was rolled back to the Hornet’s Spanish keeper with not too much danger on.
Almunia had time and space to work out how to clear the ball safely upfield, but the former Gunner only managed to whack the ball into the face of onrushing Leicester forward Chris Wood, and the ball repelled into the Watford goal.
Watch Manuel Almunia’s cock-up below.
- Off to Arsenal? Real Madrid fly to Shanghai, Karim Benzema references the “past...
- Watch Jeff Reine-Adelaide’s clever scooped pass at Arsenal’s members day (O...
- Chuba Akpom wants to fight for a place at Arsenal rather than being loaned out (Video)
- Ex-Arsenal man Andrey Arshavin laughs like a wierdo in Hulk’s latest viral video
- Arsenal v Chelsea: Watch a Live Stream of the Community Shield (available UK)
- Alexis Sanchez’s slow motion beach training videos are crying out for an ’8...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi