Ex-Arsenal keeper Almunia concedes a freak goal for Watford v Leicester after smacking the ball at Chris Wood’s face
- November 2, 2013
Good to see Manuel Almunia is back to his best. It's been too long.
— Anton Stanley (@antonstanley) November 2, 2013
Former Arsenal keeper Manuel Almunia conceded a bizarre goal in Watford’s 3-0 home defeat to Leicester.
10 minutes into the lunchtime kick-off in the Championship on Saturday at Vicarage Road, the ball was rolled back to the Hornet’s Spanish keeper with not too much danger on.
Almunia had time and space to work out how to clear the ball safely upfield, but the former Gunner only managed to whack the ball into the face of onrushing Leicester forward Chris Wood, and the ball repelled into the Watford goal.
Watch Manuel Almunia’s cock-up below.
- Arsenal magician Santi Cazorla packs his Ultimate XI with Spain stars (Video)
- Arsene Wenger confident of making last minute deals (Video)
- Arsene Wenger calls for video technology to solve tight offside calls (Video)
- Arsenal boss previews Newcastle & gives fitness update on Per Mertesacker & L...
- Watch Arsene Wenger’s full presser pre-Newcastle. Talks about Spurs tie & tr...
- EPL enhanced offers!!! 5/1 Arsenal to beat Newcastle, 6/1 Spurs v Everton & Real M...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...