Ex-Arsenal keeper Almunia concedes a freak goal for Watford v Leicester after smacking the ball at Chris Wood’s face
- November 2, 2013
Good to see Manuel Almunia is back to his best. It's been too long.
— Anton Stanley (@antonstanley) November 2, 2013
Former Arsenal keeper Manuel Almunia conceded a bizarre goal in Watford’s 3-0 home defeat to Leicester.
10 minutes into the lunchtime kick-off in the Championship on Saturday at Vicarage Road, the ball was rolled back to the Hornet’s Spanish keeper with not too much danger on.
Almunia had time and space to work out how to clear the ball safely upfield, but the former Gunner only managed to whack the ball into the face of onrushing Leicester forward Chris Wood, and the ball repelled into the Watford goal.
Watch Manuel Almunia’s cock-up below.
- Arturo Vidal rules out moving to Arsenal because of fans’ obsession with Twitter ...
- First Interview: Petr Cech believes his experience can help Arsenal win the title [Video]
- Kuwaiti Chelsea fan burns Petr Cech’s shirt after keeper’s move to Arsenal ...
- Chelsea fan trolls Petr Čech’s Wikipedia page following move to Arsenal
- Arsenal are no longer interested in Arturo Vidal, according to the BBC & Telegraph
- Snake: Angry Chelsea fans turn on new Arsenal keeper Petr Cech [Tweets]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi