Ex-Arsenal keeper Almunia concedes a freak goal for Watford v Leicester after smacking the ball at Chris Wood’s face
- November 2, 2013
Good to see Manuel Almunia is back to his best. It's been too long.
— Anton Stanley (@antonstanley) November 2, 2013
Former Arsenal keeper Manuel Almunia conceded a bizarre goal in Watford’s 3-0 home defeat to Leicester.
10 minutes into the lunchtime kick-off in the Championship on Saturday at Vicarage Road, the ball was rolled back to the Hornet’s Spanish keeper with not too much danger on.
Almunia had time and space to work out how to clear the ball safely upfield, but the former Gunner only managed to whack the ball into the face of onrushing Leicester forward Chris Wood, and the ball repelled into the Watford goal.
Watch Manuel Almunia’s cock-up below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...